Chapter Two: Revelation

"Nanami!"

The girl immediately recognized her brother's voice. She hoped he wouldn't be mad at her. 

"What were you doing out there? I had told you not to go out and stay home. What didn't you listen to me?" 

Nanami looked down and bowed her head to apologize. 

"I'm sorry big brother. I know I shouldn't have but I won't do it again I promise." 

Zetsu sighed but he couldn't be angry with her. It wasn't a catastrophe after all. 

"Never mind. I'm not mad at you. actually, it's rather a good thing you met Indra and Ashura."

Nanami seemed to be surprised. 

"Do you know them?" 

"Of course I do. And now so do you. That's just a shame that Indra wasn't able to awaken his sharingan... Hadn't you been there he would have awaken it for sure." 

"Sorry big brother."

"But it enabled you to activate your Byakugan so that's a good thing," Zetsu reassured her.

Sharingan? Byakugan? 

So that was why she felt her vision was completely different when she defended the boy...

She wondered what the Sharingan looked like. 

"Anyway, I'm sure he will awaken his Sharingan pretty soon." Zetsu said suggestively. "Now you are going to befriend both Indra and Ashura. That will certainly help us achieve what we want faster." 

Nanami didn't really understand what he was talking about. But she would obey without protesting. 

"Understood." 

Yet 'befriend' was an unknown word to her ...

"But how am I supposed to behave with them, big brother?" 

"Oh yes, right, I've forgotten to explain some things to you. Well, I guess it's time for an explanation, come on let's get home."

Once the two were home Zetsu started explaining everything to her. 

"Let's begin by the beginning. Your mother or rather our mother, Kaguya was a powerful woman who reigned over that country and the rest of the continent. But one day her two twin so-called sons, Hagoromo and Hamura, decided to betray her and to lock her away by sealing her into the moon. And that's just when you were born. You couldn't understand at the time but now we need to free Mother and have our revenge on those who were against her. Mother is a real Goddess you know. She is the most powerful being that has ever lived. I really do not understand how those two weaklings could defeat her. They were no match for her. Yet, they still managed to seal her. They are only a part of her tremendous chakra and nothing else."

Nanami was quite puzzled. So that meant she had two other brothers... She felt the urge of meeting them. 

"And what about those two, Indra and Ashura? How will they help us to bring Mother back? And who are they?"

"They are Hagoromo's sons. And they both inherited their father's powers. Indra inherited his eyes, the Sharingan while Ashura inherited his strength and vitality. Yet, they are quite different. Indra is a genius whereas his little brother is a complete idiot. And if we manage to talk Indra into helping us we will not have to wait that long before seeing Mother again. If he gets all of his father's powers then he will be able to resurrect Mother as well as the Juubi. Yes, I see I've forgotten to tell you Mother's whole story so I'm going to tell you now before you leave." 

Nanami waited for him to proceed.

"Mother was not originally from this planet. She arrived on Earth a while ago to escape the tyranny of her clan. She was welcomed by Lord Tenji who eventually became Hagoromo's and Hamura's father. Yet, the man betrayed her and even tried to kill her while the country was devastated by war. So in order to put an end to all those wars Mother ate the forbidden chakra fruit that gave her all the power she needed to stop them. Then she made one with the divine tree, the Jūbi, and maintained order and peace, that is until her 'sons' decided to betray her. However, after sealing her away, Hagoromo decided to seal the Jūbi inside him and then to separate it into nine tailed beasts so that it would not be a threat anymore. Also, once he had sealed the Jūbi's chakra into his own body he sealed its body into the Moon. As for Hamura, he migrated to the Moon to make sure the seal would not break."

Nanami was silent as she registered all the information given to her. She did not know how she should feel about all that. 

"And what about my father?" 

"It's the Jūbi itself. You are a part of his chakra. But Mother gave birth to you."

Nanami was still confused though. So she was the daughter of a monster and an alien... And if Ashura and Indra were Hagoromo's sons that meant she was their... aunt? That didn't make any sense though. She was more or less the same age as they were. How crazy.

Should she really befriend them? Was it the only way to revive their mother? She didn't know right from wrong so...

"But how should I 'befriend' my nephews?"

"Well, become close to them, be nice to them, create a bond. A fake bond. Just pretend to be an innocent and kind little girl so that they won't have any suspicion. Indra must not know for now that we are related and what your true identity is."

"Understood. But I'm not sure I have understood what I have to do to be nice to them." 

"That's right, I tend to forget you are not a human. But that's alright. I'm sure you will learn very quickly. And I'll be there to watch over you Nanami, so do not worry." 

"But one last thing. You must never meet Hagoromo, never. Or else he will recognize you and get suspicious immediately. You look so much like Mother. He does not know about our existence. And he must never learn about it."

"Do not worry big brother, I will be careful."