Chapter Twelve: Indra's Power

She had not spoken to Ashura since that last time. They kept training over and over again to master Ninshū. She had been noticing how strong Indra had become even more so ever since he ahd awaken his sharingan. This was quite impressive. As for Ashura...Well...he was still as ungifted as he used to be as a child....

As for her, it was much easier with her Byakūgan to defeat her opponents every time.

She noticed how Ashura was losing focus, deep with admiraton watching his brother's skills, which earned him to fly to the floor while at the same time she struck her own opponent with the right hit and sent him flying towards Ashura.

"Ouch...it hurts..."

Nanami rolled her eyes at his attitude as she deactivated her Byakūgan.

"You need to be more aggressive while fighting!" Indra exclaimed when everyone finally stopped. "And the same goes for you, Ashura," he sounded so tern as he spoke.

"Yes, big brother."

As he approached him, he started lecturing him and Nanami saw the way his father was watching him. That meant nothing good for him.

Once he finished lecturing his little brother, Indra approached her.

"Well done, Nanami. You are the only one in this room who can fight well. This is quite impressive for a woman."

She did not really like the way all the men's looks turned to her.

"Thank you, Indra."

"Yes, you're really gifted, Nanami!"

"Ashura. You should follow her example. You will never progress otherwise."

"Yeah, I know big brother," he replied as he glanced down awkwardly.

"Let me help you then," I offered. But Ashura did not look thrilled at it.

"Now?" he said hesitantly.

"No, not necessarily. We can take a break for a while. I think you need it before things get much more serious."

Ashura gulped nervously as he kept staring at her.

"Alright... I'll be right back."

He made his ways outside, and so did most of them present in the room.

"I have never said the session was over."

"Indra. if you want them to be more efficient in battle, elt them rest for five minutes. This is effective unlike what you seem to think."

She heard one of the men whisper in his comrade's ears.

"Oh my, is she mad?"

Indra's cold gaze did not make her flinch the slightest, unlike all of the other men. She could hold it without glancing away even half a second or blinking.

"Are you telling me you need a break too?"

"No. I am ready to fight at any time. I was only speaking for the men around."

She thought something changed in his eyes for a split second as she said this, but she could not pinpoint what.

"Good. They's better hury up then. It is not over yet for today."

Indra was a natural leader. Every man around would tell you this, and she could feel it as well. Unlike his brother.

***

Ashura's POV:

Ashura was drinking some water from the well as he could hear two men talking nearby. He was close enough to hear their conversation. (A/N : I don't remember the dialogues exactly and who says what, so don't worry if it's not the same as in the anime :) ) He hid himself a bit so they would not notice how he was eavesdropping it.