Chapter Six: Hagoromo

Nanami was following Indra and Ashura in silence. 

Their house wasn't that far from the place where they had been staying. 

"Here we come!" Ashura exclaimed excitedly. 

Her brother would kill her when he learned Hagoromo had discovered her existence. She could not pretend to be someone else with him, because of the striking resemblance to her mother. Unless she changed her appearance. No, that wouldn't work either. She should have done so before meeting the two brothers. Plus, she didn't know if she could do that and how to do it. She dared not imagine her brother's reaction. He was certainly not observing her anymore since they were out of the forest. Or was he? 

She would never have a chance to see her mother... Their mother.

She did need his help. She couldn't fulfill that mission on her own. She was too bad at that. At bonding. And keeping her identity secret was a real challenge. 

Nanami noticed a big wooden house. It was much bigger and impressive than the place which she was living in with her brother. Yet, they were only three to live there, at least that's what the girl was thinking. 

The three of them entered the house without wasting any more time. 

"Master Indra, master Ashura, Hagoromo-Sama has been waiting for you. Where have you been?" A man greeted the two before he noticed Nanami. 

"Who... Who is that?" He said quite surprised and almost afraid. He noted a vague resemblance with the children's father. 

"Her name is Nanami!" Ashura said happily. 

"She is the one who saved Ashura and his friends from a wild boar." Ashura added solemnly. 

The man seemed to be even more surprised after that revelation. He suddenly bowed and fell to his knees before taking Nanami's hand, to the latter's great astonishment. She wasn't used to physical contact and let alone to their customs. She would have to learn all about that. Perhaps it would have been better if her brother had explained everything she had to do and what she shouldn't do beforehand. 

"Thank you so much for having saved Master Asura's life. We are infinitely grateful to you."He said before kissing her hand lightly. 

Nanami twitched at the contact. It felt so strange. So much so she almost freaked out. 

Ashura watched the man sheepishly whereas Indra watched the scene with a hard gaze (a bit like Asuke when Sakura is with another man lol)

"Come with me, I am sure Hagoromo-Sama will be pleased to meet you." The man told her as he stood up slowly, still holding her hand.

I am not that sure..., Nanami thought her body tensing even more.

What if she ended up like their mother? 

She didn't want to imagine that. She swallowed nervously.