Can I Get That in Blue?*

"The Camp store has been selling the same orange shirts since my first summer here," Percy said, running his thumb over the sleeve of one of the tees on a nearby rack.

"Isn't that just the Camp's color?" Piper asked him as she restocked shelves. The Aphrodite cabin had been chosen to run the Camp store for the next week, and coincidentally, none of her fellow cabin mates had shown up.

Percy shrugged. "I guess. I mean, I don't know. Yea, orange is the original color, but I wish there was something else. Blue, maybe. Oh yea. These shirts would look bad-to-the-bone in blue."

Piper chuckled. "Maybe. Why are you in here, anyways?"

Percy turned around in order for Piper to see the gaping hole in the back of his shirt. It was black around the edges, like something had burned it.

"Mishap on the lava wall. It seems to be happening pretty often. I'm down to like, three shirts. "

"Well, then." Piper handed him a stack of shirts."We should fix that, shouldn't we?"

Percy thanked her, handed her several drachmas, and left the store.

Piper stared at the rack of orange shirts. "Hmph. Maybe they would look good in blue."

Several weeks later, just before the summer-only campers left to go back to the city, Piper made a trip to Percy's cabin.

When she approached, his door was open. She observed him within, throwing things from around the cabin into a suitcase he had open on top of his bed.

Piper knocked on the doorway. "Hey. You got a minute?"

Percy put down the minotaur horn he was about to put in the suitcase (Piper had no idea why he had a minotaur horn) and walked over to the door.
"Hey, Piper. Yea, sure. C'mon in."

Piper stepped inside and handed Percy the package she'd been carrying. "I won't be long,I just wanted to give you this."

The package was wrapped in paper, a glittery bow stuck on top. "A gift?" Percy questioned. "My birthday isn't for a few more weeks."

"I know, I know. I just wanted to give it to you before you left. Go ahead. Open it."

Percy tore the paper off and grinned from ear to ear. In his hand was a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt, but in a striking shade of aqua blue.

"Piper, this is-"

"Bad to the bone?" She asked.

Percy laughed. "Bad to the bone."