Family*

Leo Valdez died. He came back eventually, but he died nonetheless. It was something he knew he'd experience again, but he wanted to experience it in a different way. He didn't want his life to end in a huge explosion. He didn't want to be alone , with no family to mourn him.

He decided he would work to make a life for himself. A life outside of battles and wars and Gods. it would be a life filled with people he loved. People that loved him.

Leo found a woman. A beautiful, perfectly imperfect woman. A mortal, but that's what Leo wanted. He wanted someone to keep him grounded. That's exactly what she did. After the two had established a strong relationship, Leo revealed his true heritage to her. She was shocked, yes, but understanding. She believed him and his tales of wild adventures taken with friends like him, friends with godly parents.

Their child was perfect. Leo had never felt love so strong. Looking into his child's eyes, there was nothing like it. Leo had his family. He had the people who loved him for who he was, not what he'd done. His wife was even okay with having to buy the baby new clothes every week because he'd burn away whatever he was wearing. (If you hadn't noticed, the child takes after its father).