68

"Hey Percy, could you come here for a minute?" Annabeth asked, stirring the cake mix. Percy came over and put his arms around her waste.

He smiled. "Yes dear?"

"Could you grab me the milk our of the fridge?"

He chucked. "Sure."

Annabeth continued mixing her batter. Percy's goofy grin and sweet demeanor almost made her regret what she was about to do. Almost.

Annabeth had earlier purposely hidden the milk so it would take longer to find it. Percy hummed a tune as he looked.

Annabeth carefully pulled a small vile about the size of her pinky finger out of her pocket. The purple liquid sloshed around in the skull-and-cross-bones marked vile. She dripped a few drops into the batter.

About an hour later the cake was done, iced with blue icing, and sat on the table.

Annabeth lead Percy in and sat him down. "Happy Birthday seaweed brain."

"Aren't you going to eat some?"

"I'm on a diet. Don't worry about it. Eat up."

Percy smiled and took a bite. After chewing for a moment, he immediately started gagging. He doubled over on the floor and his face turned green.

"Why...what..."

"I've been waiting for this moment for a long time." Annabeth said, pacing around him.

"Sweet dreams seaweed brain. You never have to wake up."