Prophecy*

Rachel Elizabeth Dare was still getting used to being inhabited by the spirit of Delphi. It was an odd feeling, like you had someone sitting in your head, watching. Waiting.

Rachel knew she had to go back to school in the fall and was NOT excited about it. She didn't like school before. But now? She dreaded it more than anything. She didn't regret hosting Delphi's spirit. It was her destiny. Her calling. But she wasn't particularly excited about the fact that there was a very real possibility that she could spout a prophecy during school hours. The Mist would surely disguise what was really happening to her. Would it make her appear to be having a seizure? Would she appear to have passed out? What about simply an accidental nap? Would she look like she was asleep? These were all things she wished she had an answer to.

The first day of school came sooner than she expected. She was a twisted, red-haired ball of nerves. That was, until she entered her math class.

Sitting two rows away from her, doodling on his notebook, was Percy Jackson. Rachel flicked his ear as she walked to her seat and he gave her his signature Percy-Jackson-The-Troublemaker smile.

Class was a total bore. Rachel struggled to keep her eyes open. Eventually she lost the fight, and fell asleep right there on her desk.

"Rachel! Wake up! Hello? earth to Ms.Dare!"

Rachel's eyes flew open. She was no longer in Mr.Borrowman's math class. There was a broom to the left of her head and a bottle of Toilet cleaner to her right. Percy was above her, his hand on her shoulder and a worried look on his face.

"Oh, thank the gods. I couldn't get you to wake up."

Rachel continued observing her surroundings. "Are we.. Are we in a broom closet?"

Percy chuckled nervously and rubbed a hand across the back of his neck. "You sort of, um, how do I put this? Prophesied. Yes, that's the word."

"I what?"

"Whoa, whoa, calm down!" Percy said hurriedly. "The Mist covered it up. At least, I think it did. Only I saw what happened. Mr.Borrowman though you passed out. He thinks I took you to the nurse."

Rachel nodded. So the Mist HAD keep her hidden. That was a relief.

"What did I say?" Rachel asked after a moment. "Or, I guess I should ask, what did she say?"

Percy coughed nervously and took his hand off of Rachel's shoulder. "Um...You know what? I don't even remember. It doesn't matter."

"Are you kidding?" Rachel asked. "If Delphi says something, it's important. You know that. You remember what she said. Tell me."

Percy stayed quiet.

"Tell me."

The son of the sea god sighed. "I don't know what it means, but..."

"The Oracle and son of sea

during a mishap ends will meet

feelings flying through time

Will hit them with a  shocking chime."

Rachel took in the words. She blinked at Percy several times. "I know what it means."