A Rebellious Challenger

Start from the beginning

"You weren't even a challenge, Archer.", said the armored knight overconfidently.

Archer show a hint of surprise and mutters inadudible words to himself. The knight thought that he was cursing about his seemingly imminent lost. That is, until he was caught off-guard and had to block Archer's double attack with his newly projected swords, Kanshou and Bakuya.

"An archer with the skills of a dual-wielding swordsman. Damn it!", Saber hissed while gripping his swords tightly.

Archer shows an amused smirk, "What's the matter? I thought I wasn't a challenge at all."

Saber groans furiously, "You're going to regret saying that!"

Saber buries his heel on the ground, red sparks and lightning appearing around him, holding now his two-handed sword with one hand as if it were made of bamboo. In an instant, Saber disappeared in a burst of speed, using Mana Burst.

I just made a mistake teasing him, Archer thought.

Archer narrowed his eyes and turns around and parries the sudden attack to his back from Saber's, but his swords cracked at the amount of strength his swords received from Saber. Just before Saber could attack again, Archer did a somersault to put some distance. He then discarded his favorite swords and concentrated on getting a better sword that could give him an edge on this battle.

Saber stood there back and looked at him curiously, waiting for his next move. He gripped his sword in impatience and frustration at how Archer is able to defend himself so far despite being an Archer-class Servant. Just who is this guy?, Saber thought.

Archer searched in his Reality Marble a specific sword who only a king of Camelot could use his full potential.

"I admit, Saber, you're one formidable opponent. But just like you have Mana Burst, I got my own trump of cards.", Archer stated with a hint of confidence in his tone of voice.

With both his hands extended, as if already holding something, Archer concentrated in projecting the sword, green magical energy sparking from Archer's arms.

"Trace on!", exclaimed Archer as the shape of a sword starts to form in his hands out of the green sparkles of mana used to project it.

Saber lowers his sword in awe to see the sword that was holding Archer, a two-hand sword with most of the hilt in golden and blue colors with royal adornments and an encryption with a foreign language in it at the upper part of the blade. Saber instantly recognized the sword, it was the Golden Sword of Victorious, Caliburn.

Archer smiled slightly at the sight of Caliburn, a hint of regret in his eyes as memories floods in his mind when he first materialized a rushed version of Caliburn, with the original owner aiding by his side.

"Just... Who are you, Archer?", Saber questioned, his voice hinting astonishment.

"Me? I am just a simple bowman with a few tricks stored.", replied Archer while taking another battle stance, one where the original owner used too as the sword's battle experience is taking hold of Archer's mind as one.

With renowned confidence, Archer went on the offensive with a barrage of attacks in a graceful manner as if he weren't actually fighting, more like performing a skillful show of swordsmanship.

Saber was trying his best to defend, but he was beginning to be overwhelmed as the sword caught him off-guard, recognizing it fully in detail. Saber leaps back to get some breathing room and recompose himself.

"I don't know which Heroic Spirit you are, but you're not worthy to hold that sword, I AM!! Let's see how well you fare against my ultimate attack!", Saber grunted, his helm disassembling piece by piece. In a moment, Saber exposes his face for the first time.  Saber's face was surprisingly one of a young, blonde girl with her hair tied roughly in a ponytail. But those green eyes of her show a burning rage that's about to burst at any moment.