Five

"Isaac Peter, Haley Peter, and Brett Gavingson come to the office now." A voice booms over the intercom. I walk alone to the office, avoiding my brother and boyfriend at all cost.

"Mr. and Ms. Peter, your parents are on their way." The desk lady comments as she leads us to the disciplinary office. Brett had to stay behind because they deemed it unsafe for him to be in the room. I know why when I see a mop of brown hair with an ice pack to his cheek. I instinctively take the seat next to Shawn leaving one for my brother and two for when my parents arrive.

"Here it says that you, Isaac, Haley, and Shawn were in a verbal altercation in lunch today?" The principal asks. Right then, the door swings open and in comes mom and dad. Mom immediately goes to look at Isaac's hand.

"What happened?" Dad asks, looking at me directly.

"I-" I begin but Isaac jumps in.

"This fucking perv threw something on Haley and then made her change in front of him!"

"Is this true?" Mom asks, glaring at Shawn.

"No!" We shout.

"Did you change in front of Mr. Mendes?" The principal asks.

"Well... yes. But he didn't make me." I look down shamefully.

"Did you throw something on her to make her have to change?" He asks Shawn.

"Not purposefully. I accidentally ran into her and I had just opened a Monster and it spilled down her shirt. I was wearing a hoodie but I had a tee in my locker so I got the shirt out and took her to the bathroom so I could change into the tee and she could put the hoodie on. I was just trying to fix my mistake." Shawn defends. The principal and my dad seem to believe him but mom and Isaac are ready to crucify him. 

"Why would she change in front of you? That doesn't sound like my daughter." Mom says. 

"I don't know. But he didn't make me." I really don't know.

"And how did the fight start?" Our principal asks.

"Shawn and I walked into the cafeteria and I sat with my friends and he sat with his. When I sat down, Isaac asked me about the hoodie and I just told him and he got mad and went to confront Shawn and..."

"And I provoked him." Shawn finishes. 

"How so?" My father asks.

"He called me scum and I said, "If you hate me now, you'll really hate how she changed right in front of me." I don't know why I said it but I was so sick of them calling me scum. I guess Haley defending me made me feel powerful. I had one of them on my side." Shawn admits.

"My sister would never defend the likes of you." Isaac spits.

"Isaac," I warn. "Mom, can you get me an appointment to the ob/gyn this week or next? I have been having a really bad period." I lie. It distracts the room though because every male begins to share the same confused look.

"Yes, honey. Of course, I'll call when we get home." I sigh in relief. My period isn't bad. It's not there.

"Uhm... I think we should get back to the task at hand." The principal coughs. "I am not sure how to rule this. I know Isaac was at fault, Mr. and Ms. Peter. However, both Shawn and Haley broke school rules by going into a bathroom together and changing in front of each other. Now, I am willing to let Haley and Shawn slide since Haley isn't known to get into trouble and I believe Shawn in his story. But Isaac was out of line and caused harm to another student. I would like to suggest iss. He would have to stay in one room all day except for lunch and I would like to suggest morning detention for a few days since he has practice in the afternoon." He starts to write the punishment down on paper for mom and dad and Isaac to signature.