Four

I am so glad I let myself have a lazy day with my comfortable pants and a tee shirt because my alarm doesn't go off and Isaac wakes me up after he is ready and I don't have but like ten minutes to get ready. He is the one to wait on me as I bound out the door and to the truck. 

"Eat this on the way." He demands once I sit down. He passes me an apple and a banana and I take it gladly because I didn't have time to grab any on my way out. I eat the apple but I don't eat the banana because the banana has more calories. We get parked and I throw the core away on my way in.

"Hey, baby." Brett greets me on the way in.

"Hey," I mumble.

"What do you say you come over to my house after school? I can put on some Netflix, maybe pop us a little popcorn?" He suggests, but I know what he means by Netflix. He has tried it a thousand times. Never succeeded with me though.

"I'll have to let you know when I see how much work I have." I use the same excuse I use every time but he still grins hopefully. If he was more romantic and maybe if we had real dates, I would give him a chance but all he ever wants to do is talk about football and drink and have sex. The bell rings to send us to first but I meet with Camila first. Something just dawned on me.

"Hey!" She smiles cheerfully.

"What day is it?" I ask fearfully.

"Tuesday, why?" Shit. I don't answer but I start to walk fast to the bathroom. I look on my phone at the calendar and dig around in my backpack for the familiar tool but when I check, there is nothing. My period is late. 

"Oh, no no no. This can't be happening." I gasp, biting my nails. It was just once. I only had sex once. H-how can this be? Maybe I have the date wrong. I can't be late. I never am. Especially not by three days. I look down at my stomach in wonder. Am I getting fatter? Do I have more stretch marks? Am I nauseous? Ok, think Haley. Even if I am pregnant, I wouldn't be getting sick already. Be realistic. I'm sick because I'm hungry. Calm down. I take a few deep breaths and I open the door to head to first. The last bell rings as I am leaving and that sends me into another panic. I don't want to be late to class. I'm not even thinking as I break into a sprint. My class is on the other side of the school. As I am reaching the staircase, a large body comes toppling into me. We both groan on impact and I feel something cold and wet seeping into my shirt. "Fuck." I gasp at the chilling sensation.

"I am so sorry." The person says, rolling off of me.

"Shawn?" I growl angrily.

"Oh, Haley. We have got to stop meeting like this." He laughs but his eyes travel down my body. The cold drink has already soaked through my white shirt making the thin material partially see through and my black bra is very visible. 

"This is a white shirt, Mendes. It's see-through!" I snap. He chuckles. 

"Come on." He grabs my hand and drags me down the hall. He stops at a locker and pulls out a grey tee shirt and then shoves me into the boy's bathroom. I look around subconsciously. No one else is in here. "All you ever wear is white." He states, offering me the rest of the Monster he spilled most of. 

"It's a statement. A symbol of purity and cleanliness." I say, looking at his black hoodie and black jeans with distaste. A smile lights up his face.

"Like you need it." He rolls his shining eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I snap.

"Come on. You are like the staple of purity. You are a star student, a cheerleader, you have tons of friends and a football player boyfriend and you are still a virgin." he laughs.