One

Where am I? Where are my clothes? Why am I naked? I'm scared. I don't know what happened last night but I am waking up alone with an ache between my legs and pounding in my head and the cold air from no clothes causes me to shake violently. I don't know what happened. How did I get here? The only thing I do know is that I did something unforgettable last night and for some reason, I can't remember a thing about it. However, I also don't see a condom wrapper. I... I'm not on birth control. What if... no. I can't think like that. I slip a shirt on from the floor, not wanting to put my tight uniform on right now in this situation. Whoever left it gave me fair game to it. I look around for my underwear but all I can find are their remains from where they were seemingly ripped down the side. Bewildered, I pull my skirt on without them. and zip it up the side. My Spanx cover me but I still feel naked as they ride up into my raw area.

As I open the door, I run right into someone.

"Haley, I was looking for you. It's Saturday. Mom and dad will freak." Isaac gasps as if he's been running.

"Sorry. I just... uhm...woke up." I stutter.

"Did you...?" He asks, trailing off to take in my appearance. My hair is a mess and I am wearing someone else's shirt and I probably have a little tale tell sign in the form of a bruise on my throat.

"I don't know," I whisper, tears welling up in my eyes. I can't remember anything and I know we weren't safe and I don't know who it is and that was my virginity and I am so lost.

"Hey, it's okay. You're okay." He whispers, pulling me into his arms protectively. That phrase sounds so familiar. I cry on his shoulder while he hugs me.

"Where's Camila?" I ask quietly, my voice breaking.

"I don't know, but let's go home, sis. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you." Isaac apologizes. But I didn't ask him to keep me out of trouble. I asked Camila and she failed me. She left me when she promised she wouldn't.

"Good. All I need is my big brother." I sigh, leaning on him as he walks me outside. The bright light outside blinds me as I get in the truck and I lean my head in my lap.

"Jesus, Haley. How much did you drink?" Isaac asks, rubbing my back.

"I don't know. A jar?" I say.

"A jar?"

"Yeah. Something was in a jar." I nod.

"That was moonshine, Haley. That's like 100 proof alcohol. No wonder you don't remember anything." He shakes his head sadly and I almost puke when he puts the truck in drive.

"I can't go in there looking like this," I whine once we are parked in the driveway.

"I know...uhm... go in through your window and I'll cover for you and say you came home late last night. I'll say I was drinking and couldn't drive you home and I wouldn't leave so you walked." He sighs.

"You'll get in trouble." 

"Not bad. You need to get out of this more than I do anyway." He smiles. I thank him and he helps me up to my window and then I hear him go inside. He tells mom and dad the story and they believe him and he ends up being grounded from his phone for the rest of the weekend. Not even two more days of that, though. They are just glad he chose not to drive drunk. I peel the skirt off of me and pull on some sweats and then I curl up under my sheets. I can't stop thinking about last night. I just want to remember but I can't. I can't remember anything but I have the evidence on my body that something happened. "Hey, Haley. How are you?" Isaac peeks his head into my room.

"Since you are grounded, wanna start our marathon now?" I ask, ignoring his question. He glances at the lock and sees that it's about one in the afternoon.