Girl Meets Apology

Start from the beginning

"Thanks." Lilith twirled to show off her flowery, loose purple top, dark, comfortable jeans, and violet rhinestones shoes. She also wore a large lavender bracelet, small pink flower earrings, a deep purple necklace, and a pinkish ring. Her makeup matched her outfit and her hair hung down her back in loose waves.

 Her makeup matched her outfit and her hair hung down her back in loose waves

"Yeah! Where do you get your clothes?" Darby asked "And where do I get them?"

"They're gifts from my parents. I'm not really sure where they got them." Lilith lied easily.

"Lilith," a voice came from behind her.

Lilith sighed and turned around, forcing a smile "Hi Riley, hi Maya."

"Look," Riley said "I'm sorry if I pushed to hard. My mom said I shouldn't have and should apologize. So I'm sorry."

"You're apologizing because your mother told you you had to?" Lilith didn't believe it.

"Yes." Riley stood up straight "So do you forgive me?"

"Why would she?" Sarah asked, flabbergasted "You aren't really saying sorry. You're doing what your mom told you to. That's not right."

Darby and Yogi grabbed Lilith's arms and pulled her away before she could respond.

Riley looked at Maya "What did I do wrong? I apologized."

"Sweetie, it wasn't a real apology." Maya explained "You were just saying it without meaning it. Were you really sorry?"

"Maya! How can you- no." Riley started "I didn't mean it. She should tell us. We want to be her friends. Why can't she trust us?"

"Riles," Maya thought for a second "do you remember how long it took Lucas to tell us his secret?"

"Yes. But what does that have to do with Lilith?" Riley asked.

"Ranger Rick needed to be able to trust us. And even when he did tell us he didn't really want to. Zay coming here forced him. Lilith just needs a little push to tell you." Maya mused.

"A push?" Riley asked, confused.

"A gentle nudge." Maya nodded "A tap."

"Okay! What's the tap gonna be?" Riley was excited.

"Oh, I don't know. Meet me at lunch and we'll do some digging into Flower Girl. Okay?" Maya told her best friend.

"Okay!" And Riley skipped off to class.

Maya followed more slowly, thinking hard about what secret Lilith could be hiding.

At lunchtime Riley met Maya in the library to search for information that could uncover the secret of Lilith Pane. She hurried in through the doors, tripped over a small plant, righted herself and quickly found her best friend sitting at a computer waiting for her.

"What are we looking for?" Riley asked.

"Dirt." Maya typed the name 'Lilith Pane' into google and a long list of sites came up. The first one said 'Top Teen Model'. Maya clicked on it.

A magazine's website opened on the screen with a huge picture of a girl with long dark hair posing on a lounge chair with a pair of sunglasses covering her eyes. Maya scrolled through the site until she found the article.

"This ebony haired beauty has won our Top Teen Model contest for the past two years. Those who read our magazine are obsessed with her sparkling wit and personality. She's the perfect combination of sweet and sassy, dark but happy, loving but stern. Please read on to find out more about Lillian Pain." Maya read "Great, it's not her. It some chick named 'Lillian Pain.' Let's keep looking."

"Lillian sounds and awful lot like Lilith. Don't you think though?" Riley asked.

"And Pain is just like Pane." Maya slowly realized "Riles, I think we found out Flower Girl's secret. Lilith Pane is a model!"

Word count: 1136 words

Cool! Another chapter is up! I really hope you like it. If you have ideas please leave a comment. But no hateful stuff please. I also post on FanFiction.Net and I've gotten some hate for my other stories. So please be kind and don't forget to comment, vote, and add to your reading lists!!!
Love you guys always,
The Author