9|| The Angel of Death.

Start from the beginning

"You know, I really have no problem, you two could go and enjoy your time today. Don't worry, I'll be fine." Rosalind smiled at her friends, eager for Abraxas' company.

"Rosalind, dear. Are your sure?" Willow looked at her as if she'd grown a second head, and Rosalind only nodded in response.

"Fine then, we'll meet up here by half past five." Rosalind waved her friends off as they walked towards Honeydukes, still glancing back at her suspiciously every now and then.

She entered The Three Broomsticks immediately, the scent of warm platters and delicious butterbeer infiltrating the air around her.

Abraxas Malfoy was seated with three of his friends, Druella Rosier, Evan Rosier and Ernest Avery. Upon taking notice of her, Abraxas beamed.

"Rosa! Come over here." He gestured for her to walk towards them, but she felt reluctant with the icy glares she received from his three companions.

"Can I talk to you for a moment, Rax?" She asked, refusing to acknowledge or even look at his Slytherin friends.

"Sure, I'll be here in a minute." He muttered to his friends before walking with Rosalind to a slightly quieter corner of the pub.

"I was wondering if you'd like to walk around with me this afternoon. I also need to buy a few stuff," Rosalind mumbled shyly, she wasn't going to immediately tell him about Gladrags. The poor boy wasn't going to leave his friends to go shopping with her.

"Sure! Let me just grab my stuff." She felt reassured by the genuine smile that was etched on his face.

Soon, Rosalind and Abraxas were walking along the paths of the Wizarding village.

"So, where are we going?" Abraxas asked after a few serene minutes of walking in silence.

"I need to buy something for Saturday," she muttered as they came to a halt beside Gladrags.

"Oh, so I'll get to help you choose your outfit?" The Malfoy heir quirked an eyebrow playfully, smirking at Rosalind.

"I guess you will," she murmured back, pushing the door open. The small bells tinkled above, gesturing their entrance.

"Good day children. How can I help you?" An old, greying lady stood behind the counter, smiling warmly at them.

Rosalind spent the next two hours getting in and out of dresses of different colors and various designs. Abraxas solemnly told her that she looked good in all of them, but she refused to believe him.

After all of her struggle, Rosalind sighed as she left the shop with an apology for all the chaos she caused. She didn't find a suitable dress that pleased her enough.

So she decided on owling her mother to send her a dress of her own choice. Maybe with Samantha's help, her mother would mail her a costume by Friday. She couldn't do anything but hope for the best.

Rosalind walked back to the castle with Abraxas still by her side. He seemed to be humming an unfamiliar tune absentmindedly as his mind drifted off.

"I didn't have the chance to ask you before. . Who are you going with?" Abraxas questioned hesitantly.

"Actually, I think I'm going alone," She replied truthfully.