diagnosed

Jughead's P.O.V

The pain I am feeling is totally indescribable. There are not enough words to say, but I can use sounds. And that includes impulsive screams, shouts, groans, and screeches of pain. Whoopee.

Right when I woke up I sued all my strength to sit up straight in the hospital bed. I had wires going in and out of my body, and tubes attached to my arms. I was connected to a machine and only when I made a small groan of pain, did I look up and notice the man sitting in a chair.

"Jughead you're up." He was slightly blurry so I squinted my eyes. He came into focus and I realized it was my dad. He smiled brightly at the fact u was awake and.. well?

"How are you boy?" He asked walking over to me. "Not great," I replied faking a tight smile. "Why'd you do that?" He asked questionably. I thought for a moment and it came back to me. I stabbed myself in the abdomen. Wonderful.

"I, um, Veronica." Then I remembered the raven haired princess. "Veronica, where is she?" I asked alarmed. "Calm down son. I don't even know why you're so worried. She was your captive hours ago," he said confused. Since I didn't reply, he sighed and continued. "When you were hauled into the ambulance, she kinda passed out. They brought her to the hospital though. Her room is down the hall," my dad said attempting a smile. I don't think he exactly liked Veronica, but I didn't think he hated her. I sure hope he doesn't. "Can I see her?" I immediately asked. "Jughead can you be honest with me?" My dad asked shouting the door. I nodded slightly. "What is the deal with you?" I thought for a moment. "What do you m-"

"I talked to Veronica. She explained everything to me. You've been changing you're mind frequently. First you hate her and abuse her, then you comfort and protect her? What the hell is wrong with you boy?" My dad yelled at me with anger, except for the abuse part which he whispered. I had no idea why he was so upset. I didn't even exactly know I was doing this.

"I just, i don't know I guess I just can't make up my mind about how I feel," I said shrugging. "Well veronica talked to her mom who talked to me. And Veronica told her mom everything. You get where I'm going with this. I know everything you said. Now if you could just tell me why you said it, and why you keep messing with this poor girls head!" My dad's words spoke volumes to me. Ever since I've tried to get past Veronica father, it seems I keep using it as a reason to forget about her. Or at least try to. I make up excuses and change my attitude. But yet still, none of it made sense. None of the pieces fit together the way they should. I had many question for many people including Veronica, but mostly for myself. The real question was though..

Why was I doing this?

Why.

"I-I has no idea I was doing that to her," I said softly. "Not just her. When I think about it, you've been on and off about everything lately. The serpents also said three noticed you changing your mind and attitude. Betty and Archie stopped by as well." I rolled my eyes and scoffed at the mention of either of them. "Oh did you question them too?" My dad nodded to my surprise. "Yup. They said the same thing." I narrowed my eyes. I can't believe I've been doing this the whole time without realizing it. I hope I didn't hurt anyone along the way. "I thought I was just... being myself," I said quietly. My dad looked confused and with worry. "Um, son, I'm gonna get a Doctor in here. Will you be okay for a sec?" I nodded with a tiny smile and he left. I never knew the biggest secret could be the one I'm holding.

___________
Veronicas P.O.V

My room smelt of flowers and expensive Chanel perfume. Thanks mom.

Although I thought she was I really ridiculous for being so extra with these things in my hospital room, I told her everything. And I mean everything. She now knows everything that has been going on with me, including the serpents and the cuts on my arms. Apparently, she almost became a serpent way back when, and she has nothing against them and their way of life. Which surprises, comforts, and terrifies me at the same time. Whether it was from the heart, or just all the medication I was on, I'm glad I told someone, and I'm glad that person was my mother.