suspicions

veronicas P.O.V
I woke up in pain. Uh so much pain. My knee was aching, my arm was sore and stinging, and my head was hurting. Why was my head hurting? I have no idea. I go to the bathroom and see dry blood on my head. Crap Betty must've seen it. If it's been there overnight... uh! Jughead must've seen it too! I scrape of the blood but it still hurts. I get changed and ready for school. I walk out to the living room to see my parents having mimosas.
"buenas dias mija." my mom said acting unusually normal.
"hi", I say annoyed, walking to the kitchen.
"mija what did I say about that language?" my dad asked me with a taunting voice. How could he act like he didn't abuse his own daughter yesterday? "that wasn't language. I just said hi." I responded sternly. "are you back-sassing me young lady?" He asked me giving a small smirk. "um no. you just don't seem to understand the difference between respect and disrespect." I said proudly. "Veronica Cecilia Lodge I will not have you speak to me this way!" he yelled before my mom interjected, "Hiram..." she started off. "no Hermione! stop treating her like a princess. She has shown no respect to me and is disobeying. that's in Veronica. leave." he said yelling at me. I had tears forming in my eyes. "w-what?" I asked stuttering. "you heard me! get the hell out! Go to school! And when you return gather your things! You will no longer be living here," he said with no emotion. I walked out of the house and slammed the door loud. I stood outside gathering myself together. I could hear my mom yelling at him and my dad yelling back. they were talking about me of course. But I knew no matter how hard my mom would try she wouldn't convince him to let me stay. Hot tears streamed down my face as I slowly walked to school. As much as I wanted to dry them, I was going to be late for first period if I waited too long. I fast-walked to school in my heels and wet cheeks. I barely made it to first period which I have with Toni, Cheryl, Sweet Pea, and Jughead. Most of the teen serpents. Except for fangs. I wonder what he had to do with Midge... why was he with her? Jughead knows something. He keeps looking at me weirdly. He's looking me up and down. Maybe he's worried about me. Maybe he doesn't care. I don't know anymore. Was it because I was crying? Whatever.

After first period social studies I went to my next period. Then my next. The day went by regularly. Every class I had with Jughead, he eyed me suspiciously and with some worry. Then he started to have a small flare of anger in his eyes. I tried to ignore him. But as much as I wanted to, he saved me the other day. He helped me so much. i couldn't just completely disregard him the whole day...

So, at lunch... instead of sitting with Betty and Archie, I sat by Sweet Pea. "hey sweets", I said with a smile. "what do you want veronica?" He said firmly. My smile faded. Even though I hung out with Toni and Cheryl, Sweet Pea didn't like me. "uh, where's jughead?" I asked him looking at him up and down. "with Betty." he said eating his burger. "thanks," I said as I got up. "oh and don't come back. serpents can't be seen with a Lodge girl," he said glaring at me. I gulped, nodded, and walked away. I go to the hallway and overhear a conversation. It was Betty and jughead.

"I'm telling you Betty, she wouldn't do that to herself. She has the perfect life," jughead said with no effort. "Jughead listen! She slapped me! And it hurt... but when she did, I saw it. I'm not lying." Betty said trying to act innocent. "Fine I guess I'll talk to her Betty." jughead said with a sigh. Betty hugged him and whispered something in his ear. I ran back in the cafeteria and sat across from Archie. "Ronnie, can we talk?" He asked as I rushed to sit down. "no Archie, not right now." I said through gritted teeth. "please Ronnie, you gotta hear me out-" "shut it-" I cut him off, but then I changed my tone once I saw Betty and jughead approaching. "archikins. yeah I totally get it." I said with a happy tone. I laughed and jughead tapped me on the shoulder. "can we talk?" He asked with concern in his face. "uh, sure," I said as he guided me to the hallway.

dear reader,
        please please please read 'psycho'! It will start getting good, I promise. Thanks again for all the love and support! 200 views already?? Thank you guys so much!
-jeronicaslove ❤️