the suspicious bag

Veronicas P.O.V

I woke up the next morning to the fresh smell of eggs, and some pretty loud and annoying music. Um, what? I got out of the bed and walked into the kitchen. I saw a peppy blonde dancing around with a spatula in her hands and a giant t shirt draped over her. Even though it was fairly dark, her bright blue t shirt, pink underwear, blonde hair, and dancing was pretty noticeable. She was only in her underwear besides that. I tried to ignore the annoying Katy Perry music that was blasting out of her speaker. "Uh, Betty?" I asked surprised to see her. "Hey V! Good morning!" She said setting down the spatula and hugging me. I hugged back and smelt her strawberry hair. I then pulled away and she smiled. How did she not care I was here? "Betty, why aren't you confused or... weirded out by me being here?" I asked stepping closer. "Yeah, Juggy told me," she said turning back to assist the eggs. "And you don't care?" I asked a hint of anger in my voice. "V, look. Jughead can't help the fact that his dad is forcing him to do all of this," she said totally defending her.... I guess he was her boyfriend. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. If only she knew the truth. I sat on the couch and twirled my hair. Then, the door swung open. It was Jughead, who didn't have his hat on. He looked frightened and scared which was confusing to me. I still haven't completely forgiven Betty, but with all that peppiness, you kinda have no choice. Looks like Jughead got over it pretty quickly though. He had a bag in his hands, and something was rattling around inside of the bag. I was curious, but he seemed extremely pale and terrified. "Oh, hi Veronica," he said looking from me to Betty. I looked up at him and Betty turned and saw the tension between us. She was smiling until she looked at me and gasped. "Oh v! Your cheek!" She squealed running up to me and slightly touching it. I flinched at the pain tingling throughout my body. "V what happened?" She asked concerned. I looked at jughead and held my cheek, but he shook his head 'no' with a threatening look. "Oh nothing," I faked a smile. "Really? Cause it's bleeding pretty bad," she said examining it. It was pretty dim and dark in the trailer, so I guess she didn't see it before. But now that she had pointed it out, it hurt really bad. I pushed away the pain and turned back to Jughead. "What's in the bag Jones?" I asked him. "Nothing that concerns you," he said motioning for Betty to join him in the other room. Apparently she didn't take the hint, and questioned him while putting the eggs on a plate. "Yeah, jug. What's in the bag?" "Uh, Betty, can I talk to you for a second?" He asked. "Why? We're about to eat breakfast!" She smiled. "Yeah, were about to eat breakfast," I copied. He rolled his eyes and clenched his jaw as we both sat down at the table and Betty served us and turned off the music. "Thank you Betty, really this is delicious," I said devouring the food. I haven't really eaten being held as Jughead's prisoner. "Thank you Veronica." She said smiling again. "Betty, can I please talk to you?" He asked getting up. "Will you excuse me Veronica?" Betty asked politely. I nodded and shooed her away saying it was no big deal. I ate Jughead's leftover food and heard calmed yelling and realized they were fighting. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but something about their relationship and what happened between them. Although I was even more curious, I contained my curiosity and waiting there patiently. I heard a loud yell from Betty, and Jughead came out giving me an exhausted looking fake smile. I started to wonder how long their relationship had been going on. I was guessing her and Archie weren't together anymore. I hadn't even realized the time, and it was 7:00. Man, I woke up early. Jughead walked over and started to clean up the kitchen. "You know you have to go to school today right?" He asked cleaning the dishes. "Yes," I said tiredly. "What was going on with Betty," I asked. "None of your business," he said slamming a dish and walking to his bedroom. Betty came back out about 3 minutes later, now with her hair in a ponytail. "I should be going," she said. "Oh, okay," I said awkwardly. "Do you want me to get Jughead?" I asked her. "No, no, I should really be going," she said walking and opening he door. "Okay bye betts," I said right before she waved and slammed the door. I rolled my eyes. How could Jughead get over what she did so fast? Yet I made out with Sweet Pea the day or two after. Oh well. I walked to the bathroom which I've been having to use for quite a while, when Jughead comes out of his room. "What're you gonna wear princess- oh wait did Betty leave?" He asked realizing he said princess. I raised my eyebrows. "Yes." "Well I was going to go by the Pembroke and get some of my clothes." I said shrugging. "No, you aren't wearing another dress," he said walking past me and to the kitchen. "Do you want it to look suspicious?" I asked him. He rolled his eyes and turned back to me. "Fine, but you'll have to make it quick. I'm meeting Betty at school before class starts," he says smiling. It angered me he felt this strongly about Betty. Why? I had no idea. Maybe it was because she made out with my boyfriend at the time....? I rolled my eyes and agreed. "Fine, but we'll have to go soon then, so get ready." I said pointing a finger at him. "Okay, oh! And when Betty left, did you happen to see her leave with a bag." He asked squinting at me. I opened my mouth to say something, when I remembered she did.... I think. Wait no, no she didn't. I'm not sure. "Uh, I don't really know, I didn't really pay attention." I told him. He scoffed. "Great, you've crossed the line to completely useless." He said clenching his teeth at me. Getting upset, I picked an answer for him. "You know I do remember, she was holding a bag," I said rudely. "Thanks," He said sarcastically. I walked back to the bathroom and peed. When I was washing my hands i turned to see no hand towel. I scoffed and grabbed a piece of toilet paper to dry my hands with. When I did though, and I was throwing it away, I saw something else in the trash can. I bent down and used the toilet paper to move it around to see what it was, and I saw a bag next to the trash can. There was a box in it, that read 'pregnancy tests.' It had been opened, and that's when I kept poking at the object and it turned over. A.... pregnancy test? Holy shit, a pregnancy test. My eyes widened and I gasped. "Everything alright in there?" Jughead asked from outside the bathroom. "Y-yeah," I said. I turned it over and read the lines. 2 lines. Positive. Betty's pregnant.

________

omg hey guys! I made a new story and it's called the past! It doesn't have many views right now, but I think it's pretty good so far, so please give it a read!! Thank you for so much love and also.... 3k reads?!! Whatttt?! Thank you guys soooo much I'm so grateful for all your love and support! 💜
-jeronicaslove