new me

Veronicas P.O.V
I decided to change who I was. Not for today, but forever. At least for now. I needed to be a different person. Someone who took control of their life, and someone who can stand up for them self. Like how I used to be before... all of this started happening.

'I need to change' I thought to myself. I looked one more look in the mirror at the disappointment staring back at me. I let one more cry out, because it would be the last one I'd have for a long time. I ripped my pearls off of my neck sending the beads flying down to the ground. It reminded me of when I found out all the horrible things my dad did and drove Ethel's dad to attempt suicide. I went to the bathroom and cried my eyes out sending my pearls flying just like this. But then, someone was there for me. Betty came rushing in and hugged me. Because she cared. At least that's what I thought. But now nobody does. I refused to pick them up off the ground so I just went to the bathroom instead. I dried my tears and washed my face. I went into my small suitcase and found nothing the new Veronica would wear. So, I went home. I went in a tank top and a loose skirt. I walked in like I owned the place and went straight to my room. I ignored the 4 people sitting at the kitchen table.

I went into my closet and found some things. I was about to take just one pair of clothes, but ended up taking everything off the hangers and into my hands. I walked out to the living room to see my dad, my mom, and two people I've never seen before.

"Hi" I said cheerfully. They looked as if they were in disbelief. I smiled widely at them. I walked towards the front door when I heard some whispers behind me. I suddenly feel a strong hand on my shoulder. I quickly turn my head to see my dad. I smile at him opening my eyes wider. The two people I didn't know smiled cheekily at me and left with their coats. I kept the smile plastered on my face when my dad's grip on my shoulder got tighter. I bit my lip to keep from screaming, and the clothes were about to fall out of my hands. "What do you want dad?" I asked keeping a straight face. "Why are you here? Money? Have you decided that your behavior has been unacceptable?" He asked still squeezing my shoulder. "No, I just came for some more clothes." I said putting the smile back on my way too happy face. "Mija why are you taking this juvenile clothing? What happened to your dresses?" He asked still having a tight grip on my shoulder. "I still have them, I just got all my clothes since I don't live here anymore", I said nodding my head along with my act. "Mhm. Okay, well I'll see you here for dinner?" He asked me taking his hand off my shoulder. I relaxed it and asked him, "what? No I'm not. I don't live here anymore." I told him crossing my arms full of clothes. "No. You're still living here, I just wanted you to learn your lesson." He said acting as if it was obvious. I squinted my eyes in disbelief. "What? You kicked me out!" I said now yelling. I was about to stop and back out because Veronica Lodge would not go on like this... oh yeah.. I'm not Veronica Lodge anymore. Well I am, but the new Veronica Lodge would not hold back. I stepped back up to him. "Mija there is no yelling in this household," my mom finally chipped in. "Well tell that to your devil of a husband." I said pointing a finger in his face. Boy was that a mistake. He grabbed it and started twisting it. I tried turning my body with it but he did a 360 with it. I heard a crack but he let go of it. I held it and it was throbbing. There was a sharp pain going through it. I remembered the new Veronica and I thought it through. I smiled again and he was confused as hell. "I may be the devil, but that makes you the daughter of the devil. Now you know what's in your blood." He said straightening up. "Maybe it's in yours but it sure as hell ain't in mine." I said as I balled my fists. He squinted his eyes at me and came closer. I stared to get frightened so I raised my hand and slapped him with the hand that wasn't holding my clothes. Oh shit. I was surprised by my own actions and looked from my hand to my pissed off father. As I was about to explain, my dad raised his hand and slapped me right back. I held my cheek and was down on the ground by this point. My clothes had flown out of my hand and were now on the ground. I looked at him and tried to catch my breath. My mom was sitting back with tears in her eyes. I stood up and straightened my skirt. I inhaled and exhaled once more then got in my dad's satisfied face. "You're right. I am the daughter of the devil. I'm also Veronica Lodge. And you never cross a Lodge. Even if you are one, you asshole." I said as I turned and walked to the door. I picked up my clothes when I heard him say, "damn straight you never cross a lodge. You just made a big mistake Mija". I stopped and turned my head. "Do your worst Hiram", and I walked out.