unexpected

Veronicas P.O.V

I lazily slumped back to the trailer and walked into the continuous annoying silence. My face was now sticky from the dried tears, and I was shaking all over. Why did I have to do that? God, I was so horrible. I continued to think all these horrible things about myself I assumed was wrong. "We are never gonna happen Jughead. Ever." Was I too harsh? The words that had left my mouth were still stuck in my brain. But then again.... why am I giving him sympathy? He's done so much shit to me! I've been hurt so much by him, and he wants me to forgive him? Hell no. I will never forgive him.

No matter what happens.

______

Knock knock.

My eyes slowly fluttered open and my head was throbbing. Apparently I had crashed on the couch after my never ending cry. I tiredly opened the door and there was a very happy red head with an adorable pick haired sweeties on her arm. Their smiles quickly faded when they saw my tears. "Hey- aw Ronnie, what's wrong?" They pushed past me and let themselves inside. "Nothing im fine," I replied through miserable sniffles.

"Honey you are not fine. Tell us what happened," Toni said, forcing me to sit by her and Cheryl.

After a long talk filled with pity and sadness, they sat across from me with no words.

"Guys?" I asked, attempting to snap them out of their trance. "Oh yeah," Cheryl said, coming back to the planet earth. Cheryl and Toni bit their lips and looked up at me. "I don't know what to say," Toni said. I sighed and laid back on the messy couch. A few mittens later, someone decides to speak. "Do you like him?" I immediately sat straight up and looked at Cheryl as if she was crazy. Which she had to be. "No," I said, cause it was obvious I didn't. Toni raised an eyebrow and stood up. "Really?" I asked, not buying my act. But it wasn't an act. "Yeah, really. Why would I like him?" I crossed my arms in defense and awaited their answer. "Oh come one Veronica! It's so obvious you have a thing for him!" I scoffed and kind of laughed at her joke. "Wow you are a real jokester," I said through laughs of nervousness. "I'm not kidding Veronica. You've gotta like him." I rolled my eyes. "No, I don't." I said through gritted teeth. "Why don't you like him? You guys have kissed like a million times right?" Toni was now yelling, and it was only angering me more. "No we haven't!" I yelled at her. I also stood up and got in her face. She had stood up to try and make it seem like she had the power, but she was quite short so even though I was an inch taller than her, it made her feel lower. "Whatever little fantasy you two have about me and Jughead is messed up, and wrong. I don't like him, at all. If anything, I hate him! I hate him so fucking much!" I was pacing back and forth in front of them, about to pour out all of my feelings that were bottled up. Toni and Cheryl just listened. "Do you know why?" I asked as one tear fell and left another mascara mark on my cheek. "Because he fucking cut me! He cut both of my arms, and almost.... he could've killed me! And he tries to make it better? He sacrifices me for his dad and the serpents. This is bullshit, this is unbelievable," I was full out in tears now. I don't even know if they could tell what I was saying anymore. "The serpents fucking suck. Sorry not sorry, you guys are horrible people," I said looking them both in the eyes.

Cheryl swallowed hard and Toni put on a stone cold expression. "Then leave," Toni said a few seconds later. I looked back up from the ground to her and my eyes widened. "I wish I could, believe me. But I'll get fucking killed since I'm your little prisoner," I yelled while motioning to the door. "No you're not! Did Jughead not tell you? You're free to go. He should've to you this afternoon."

What the actual hell?

I immediately shot up and got up phone. Cheryl and Toni both stood and looked at me with anger in their eyes. My whole body was shaking and as I grabbed my stuff, I felt light headed. But none of it mattered, because i was now free from this hell. "Wait Veronica you can't leave," Toni said reaching for my arm. I snatched it away just in one and gave her a death glare.