why else?

Veronicas P.O.V.

My heart refused to stop beating so fast. I sunk down more into the stall as the 3 girls continued to bicker about me and jugheads baby. This was all too much. I decided to wipe off my tears and straighten myself up. I was wearing old ragged clothes because I didn't have the chance to stop by the Pembroke and change. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the stall. The girl turned to me with wide eyes. I knew what they had said and that I had said it, but they also knew I could and would kick their asses for it. "V-veronica," one girl stuttered nervously. I crossed my arms and looked them up and down with disgust. "You didn't happen to hear us, did you," the stupid blonde asked me. "Uh yeah I did Rebecca, and I didn't appreciate it. I may be pregnant, but I can still rip your hair out and beat you to death with it," I said getting in their pretty little faces and watched them cower in fear. The truth was, I was the one who was scared. I walked out of the bathroom and the bell ringed. As the other girls followed out I gave them a warning look and they scurried along to their classes. I texted Betty quickly to let her know I was taking the fall for her and not to tell anyone she was pregnant.

As I walked into my first period science class with almost everyone I know, all eyes turned to me. I took a deep breath and smiled at them as I walked to my seat next to Betty. Jughead stared at me, and he seemed angry. "Betty don't tell anyone you're pregnant, I'm taking the fall," I whispered. "What? I can't let you do that!" She whisper yelled at me. "I'm not going to standby and watch you get hurt," I said looking into her teary green eyes. She nodded and smiled at me. "Okay, now go talk with your classmates about the article we just read over the respiratory system," the annoying middle aged science teacher said. Immediately, everyone crowded around me and started asking questions.

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"How many babies?"

"Who's the father?"

"What does your daddy have to say about this?"

"Have you told the father?"

"I think it was Archie."

"I heard the dad is Jughead."

"Shut up! He's right there!"

"Well, who is it? Who's the dad?"

I stood up and walked out for the classroom. I couldn't take this. I just couldn't. I went straight to the bathroom, but for some reason it was locked. I didn't know where else to go, so I just sat outside the room and cried.

Jughead's P.O.V

She ran our of the room. I'm pretty sure everyone knew now, including me. I watched her run out with tears in her eyes. I hated to see her like that. My own little captive being hurt by someone who isn't me. "Yeah I think its Archie's," someone said. I listened in to their conversation. "Are you crazy? I thought he was dating Betty!" The other one said. Not exactly. "No he's not. But I don't think it's his anyway," another girl stated. "I think the baby is Jughead's." My eyes widened and I looked back towards the door. Archie's face was red and he was looking straight at me. I shook my head and he got up and walked out of the classroom. Betty was sitting down furiously biting her nails while looking at the girl and listening to them talks about Veronica like that. I looked around and got up. I was walking toward the door when a girl said, "See! He's even going after her!" I turned toward her and flipped her off. She scoffed and Cheryl smiled as if proud. I walked out and tried to look around to find her, but she was right outside the room by the lockers. She was full of tears and i crouched down next to her. She looked at me with confusion and opened her mouth. "Why are you here?" She said as her voice cracked. "Who's the father?" I asked looking down at her. She looked around nervously. "You?" She said unsure. "I'm being serious," I said sternly. She shook her head. "I don't know." My jaw dropped. Wow. I would normally call her a slut, or a whore, but I pulled her in, and hugged her. "It's okay," I said stroking her hair.