Chapter 13: The Search

Please, don't steal. This is an original written by me, Yarelis. I would get really sad if you take my idea :(

-Thanks for reading x

I wasn’t sleepy that night, not at all. I stayed wide awake, on my laptop, searching for Harry, looking at him. It was like having him in front of me.

As I kept searching, I found out he’s pretty famous… in England. Well, the band One Direction is. I wondered why he wouldn’t tell me about all of this. He told me about his childhood and mostly about his life- but apparently not the most important part.

Maybe it really wasn’t that important. He’s humble. He doesn’t want a girl to freak out over him. I don’t know.

I felt happy for him. I felt like he was my long-term friend from school and that he had gone that far.

The more I searched, the more I found. The more I found, the closer I got to actually finding a way to contacting him. So close I found his Twitter account.

I had deactivated my Twitter account about a year and a half ago. I couldn’t handle so much drama from the girls there. It was just too much. I just decided to stay away from that. But now, now I have a reason to open a new account. A new one. One to find the one that stole my heart for just two days.

But, will he know it’s me?

How could I make myself noticeable?

@americangirl              X    This username is already taken!

@unexpectedlove        X    This username is already taken!

@lookingforhim           X    This username is already taken!

@girlfromthecabins           Validating…

“Come on!” I whispered to my laptop.

@girlfromthecabins          ü    Username available

“Yes!” I couldn’t help it but smile. “And now what?” I asked myself. Curious of my own thoughts. Curious of what my mind was wanting to do. What could I do?

Harry Styles. I hit the search button.

Harry Styles @Harry_Styles

Hello :D I’m 1/5 of One Direction…

“Found you!”

John was calling now.

“Hey John!”

“Hey… what are you doing?”

“Umm… nothing, just…”

“Looking for Harry, aren’t you little lovebird?”

“Maybe… just maybe. I found his Twitter, by the way. But I don’t think he’ll ever notice me.”

“That’s awesome! Well, it’s a step. Of course he could notice you! Think of a way to make him know it’s you. Post pictures… I don’t know!” He said, after laughing at the fact that he knows me too well.

“Okay, I got an idea. Just hold on one second. Be right back.”

“Okay.” He said, wondering what I was thinking of doing now.

I jumped off the bed to the dresser to get my camera. I took off my ponytail and let my hair fall behind my shoulders. That’s when I took a picture of my neck, hanging from it the beautiful, perfect starfish charm necklace. I grabbed the camera, USB cable and jumped in bed again.

“Hello”

“You’re back!” he said with a tired voice.

“Yeah, sorry. I was… taking a picture…”

“Really? What did you took a picture of?”

“You remember what I told you about the necklace?”

“Yeah”

“Well that!”

“Oh! Good idea, that sure will make him notice you. He will remember about the necklace, obviously. Listen, I gotta go. Going out with the fam.”

“Okay. Thanks John!”

“Okay then, bye.”

We hung up and I threw the phone to the other side of my bed.

I plugged in my camera and uploaded the picture to my computer. Then, I searched for Harry’s profile and sent him the photo, adding “I promised I wasn’t going to take it off”.

I hoped this was enough to catch his attention. The only thing left to do was to wait. And no, I never thought on spamming him. That would be just wrong.

It was three a.m. when I last checked the clock. I laid down looking at the shiny; glow-in-the-dark stars taped to my roof, and fell asleep.