Chapter 3: Time flies

THIS STORY IS AN ORIGINAL BY ME, YARELIS.

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AND IF YOU STEAL, I WILL STEAL FROM YOUR HOUSE O.o

NO, REALLY, BUT PLEASE DON'T DO IT.  xx

When we got to the beach the first thing he did was to take off his running shoes. I started searching for a stick to mark the lines on the sand.  When I found one and started to draw the lines, I turned around and glimpsed at Harry, who was about to take off his shirt.

“Not bad at all,” I thought I had whispered it too low for him to hear me.

“Pardon me?” He said as he threw his shirt to the sand and messed around with his hair.

“Oh, nothing. Let’s just play some football, shall we?” We laughed and he nodded in agreement, as he made the first move, kicking the ball up in the air and doing some tricks with it I could never, ever in  my life do.

“I suck at this!” I yelled laughing and kicking the ball too far away into the water, “Oops!”

Harry stopped me when I was going to go get the ball and said, “No, I’ll get it, you stay here.”

When he got out the water and threw the ball making it almost hit me, he called me loudly. “Angelica, come here! I think something bit me, a jellyfish or something… come fast, it hurts!” I ran towards him and grabbed his left arm, which he told me was hurting.  He hold on to my arm, looked at me and smiled. “Oops!” He said in a playful way and threw me to the water. Then he started running away from me.

Soaking wet, I stood up. “Harry! Come back here at this instant! How dare you?” I ran behind him and when I finally caught him, we both tripped and fell face flat on the sand. “Ow” I squeaked. “Are you okay?” He seemed very worried about me. My knee was a little sore, but it was almost hard to notice. Plus, I was having too much fun to ruin it all. “I’m fine, don’t worry” I smiled staring into his eyes. “You sure?” I nodded while he helped me get up and get off the sand from my face and hair.

I grabbed the ball, he put his shirt back on and we crossed the road and one of the bridges and stopped at a gazebo. He checked his watch, a nice one and waterproof, I supposed. “Seven forty five already!” It was also getting a bit dark, we just hadn’t realized it.

We stayed there for a while talking about our lives. He told me about his childhood at England and his life back there. I felt sad when he told me he was leaving the country in two days. He told me everything, the airport, airline, almost as if he wanted for me to go with him.  I felt scared of losing him already. I thought we would at least spend a few more days together this summer.

It was too dark now, so we decided to go back to the cabins. There were too many people in front of the one in which I was staying, so we stopped in front of his.

“I had a great time with you today, Angelica” He told me whilst we sat on the steps of the balcony.

“Me too. Rematch tomorrow?” We laughed and he nodded looking at the ground and kicking a small rock.

He whispered something so low I barely heard anything, but didn’t ask him what he had just said. He looked at me and stood up, helping me again “Listen, umm. You should get back to your cabin with your family and um-“ he paused and hugged me “-good night, see you tomorrow”. He let me go and I felt bad for not saying anything and only smiling and walking away. “See you tomorrow!” I shouted from my balcony, but he had already entered his cabin.

There was so much noise it was starting to give me a headache. I took a bath and then locked myself in the bedroom, not thinking about the others that also slept in there.