Chapter Forty-Three: Of the Same Coin

The next day, the team leaves for China. After a long plane ride, they arrived in Hong Kong, China. The first thing they decided to do was find a place to stay for a while, and then discuss what to do next.
"I have no idea how to start on this request" Siran says.
"Of course you don't" Vivi responds.
"Well" Zia says, "we could always do what we did before. Try to collect information around town, then decide what to do next".
"We'll probably have to stick to that method for a while if we-" Siran begins to say before he's interrupted by a knock on their door. When Siran opens the door, he's met with a group a police officers.
"My name is Li Xiu Ying" The first officer says. "And we need you to come with us".
"What for?" Siran asks.
"We already know that you're The Six Guns" Li Xiu Ying says, "and we're not sure what business it is you came for, but our Chief of Police wants to speak with you. Don't worry, it's on friendly terms".
The crew looks at each other in confusion, but agrees to follow Li Xiu Ying. "So how did you know we were The Six Guns?" Finn asks.
"We recognized his face" She says as she points at Siran.
"You can call me Siran" Siran says, "so you don't have to keep calling me 'he' or 'him'. I imagine that'd be uncomfortable".
"You can call me Ying" she says. "I feel like we could be good friends".
"This is new" Alex says, "I didn't think we could go anywhere that people might know our faces and not want to kill us".
"Yes, well" Ying says, "we're trying to be diplomatic. You're not exactly our enemy, and in times like this, it's important to have as many strong allies as you can get".
"Is that what your Chief of Police wants to talk about?" Vivi asks.
"I don't know for sure" Ying says, "I'm only an officer. I was simply sent to come get you".
After a long walk, they arrive at a large police department building. Ying escorts The Six Guns to a large room where the Chief of Police waited. "You must be The Six Guns" he says, "I expected... less of you. My name is Zhang Wei". Zhang Wei holds his hand out to shake Siran's hand.
Siran hesitates, but shakes Zhang Wei's hand and says "My name is Siran".
"I'm sure you've heard about people complaining about The Ly'Lum recently, have you not?" Zhang Wei says. "I assume that's why you came to China?".
"Uh... Yeah" Siran says nervously. "What is going on with The Ly'Lum here?".
  "We have decided to no longer ally with The Ly'Lum" Zhang says, "and by we, I mean the President decided to no longer ally with Omnia and The Ly'Lum government. With the support of the people, of course. Not long after news about who you are spread around the world, Omnia and The Ly'Lum have gone through several... changes that we deem undignified. They've already suggested that we ourselves make changes to our government in ways that would only benefit The Ly'Lum and not our people. As if that much disrespect wasn't enough, they've allowed their own nation to split in such a way that even their leaders are quitting. We've even heard that one of their leaders directly defected to your side during all this conflict".
  "Oh yeah" Ruby says, "That'd be me".
  "Does this mean you believe The Six Guns are the good guys in this situation?" Siran asks.
  Zhang was silent for a moment before he says "Two sides of the same coin, Siran. Two sides of the same coin".
  "So you're just looking for the lesser of two evils to kill off the other then?" Siran asks.
  "That's an accurate way to describe the current situation" Zhang says.
  "Well, not all of us think you're evil" Ying says. "Then again, some people also still believe you're not the lesser of the two evils. So it's hard to say where we stand on how much we can trust you".
  "Trust me" Ruby says, "I feel the same way".
  "So what is it that you need us to do?" Siran asks.
  "We need you to help push The Ly'Lum out of our country" Zhang says. "If you can manage to destabilize The Ly'Lum's activity in China, then the President of the People's Republic of China can use that as an example of a breach of trust. When either one of the countries can display a breach of trust to the other, they can then call for a... cease of partnership between the two countries, so to speak. Whatever you do though, the rest of the world must not know about your involvement with this".
  "Sounds difficult" Siran says, "but we'll find a way to accommodate".
  "Good to hear" Zhang says. "I'll be looking forward to the results".

The Six GunsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara