Chapter Thirty-Seven: This Is Home

Siran spent days teaching the General and nine other high ranking officers in the military how to use Reactive Endoindustria. These ten people that Siran taught from that point became known as the Mages Guild. Siran also taught the art to Angela secretly as well as absorption magic. Angela wasn't as good at channeling her own endo, so Siran taught her how to use the Endoindustria of her surroundings. The military took over the job of tracking down Naris, and while waiting, Siran and Angela went to the crater that Naris made. What was once known as the city of Tulsa and would later be known as Dead Crater. They visited the crater as if it were Mason's grave. There, Angela had planted one Blue Iris flower.
"It stands for hope and courage" Angela says as she finishes planting the flower at the edge of the crater. "The flower, I mean, stands for hope. Which is something Mason always tried to bring to the world".
"He would've loved it, I'm sure" Siran says.
There were others who came to visit the crater. People came to show respect for the soldiers that had fallen to Naris. This was sort of like a service that the military hosted as a sort of memorial ceremony. After they returned to the base, the General, General Recken pulled Siran aside to talk.
"It's a good time to make our move" Recken says. "Reports say Naris was spotted traveling across the Atlantic Ocean, towards the new continent formed. The new continent has been named Atlanta, and it seems Naris is there at the time. We want you to come with the rest of us Mages to fight".
"I need to bring Angela with" Siran says, "she won't rest until she sees Naris's dead body".
"That's not happening" Recken says.
"She knows the art of Reactive Endoindustria too" Siran argues. "She'll be useful as backup in case the worst case scenario goes down".
"We're not bringing a pregnant woman to fight" Recken says, "end of story. Now remain on standby, we leave tomorrow".
After a lot of arguing, Siran decided that he'd sneak Angela there anyways. Angela personally asked Siran to bring her next time they go fight Naris, and as much as Siran wanted to say no, he knew she wouldn't accept no as an answer. While waiting to leave, Siran and Angela were exchanging stories of their lives before the incident. Or rather, Angela was telling Siran about her story and Siran refused to tell Angela about his own story. Eventually, Siran gave in to Angela's arguing and told her all about how he was a normal human. Angela was definitely shocked, and didn't believe it at first, but eventually came to accept it. Although, even though she accepted his story, she still didn't believe most of what he said. The time came for them to leave, and Siran had hidden Angela on the helicopter before they took off. They used two separate Chinook helicopters to carry the whole team, and Siran took advantage of the crates of supplies to hide her while also using just a little touch of illusion magic. When they arrived at the new continent, Atlanta, they could already see Naris.
"Can't believe you're still alive" Naris says as Siran and the Mages Guild approached. Angela has stayed behind, watching but not letting any of the Mages know she came along. "You're like a bug that I have to swat several times before you die" Naris continues.
"I guess we were both wrong" Siran says, "when we said we would end this last time. This time, we'll make sure to end this".
"Seems as though the humans cooperate with you" Naris says, "despite your appearance. Did you ever bother telling them how the world became like this?".
"That's not important right now" Siran says. "Right now, we have unfinished business".
"But it's such a good story, I think they'd love to hear it" Naris says.
"Shut up!" Siran says as he throws the first attack. A spear of reactive endo pierces Naris. Soon after, the Mages follow up with the same attack. Eleven bright white spears of light pinned Naris to the ground. Naris screams in pain for a short second before asking "They really don't know? They don't know that you're actually a human? And that you're the one who set me free on the world. That you're the one responsible for all those people dying?".
"Siran, explain!" Recken demands.
"Not the time!" Siran says.
Naris laughs maniacally as he raises a fist into the air. The air pressure rose significantly as lightning fell from the heavens and struck all around them. "Die!" Naris yells, but suddenly, his magic was absorbed. As Siran and the rest looked over, Angela was there. Angela was doing the same thing that Siran had once done. She was absorbing Naris's power into herself. "You've got to be kidding!" Naris shouts in anger.
"No!" Siran yells, "Angela! Don't!".
"You have no time to waste!" Angela shouts back, "finish the job! I'm doing all that I can to hold him back!".
Siran clenches his fists in anger before redirecting the lightning from the sky and turning that into reactive endo. It formed one giant spear that was taller than Naris himself, and it struck down on him like a hammer. The spear dug into the earth, pinning Naris to the ground with it. Naris no longer made any more noise. The earth under him has cracked and Naris's body started slowly dissolving into the ground. Eventually, Naris was gone, and they had won. But there was no victory for Siran. The Mages had pointed their weapons at Siran now. On top of that, Angela had collapsed onto the ground, and was barely conscious. Siran rushed to her side.
"Explain" Recken says, "can you deny any of which Naris had said?".
Siran thought for a moment and said "No... I can't".
"Then this is all your fault after all?" Recken asks.
"I... I don't know anymore" Siran says, "I just want to save my friends".
"YOU GET AWAY FROM HER!" Recken yells. "We'll be taking care of Angela Mahina from here. But you... you have crimes to answer for!".
"You promise you can save her?" Siran asks.
"Are you trying to bargain with us?" Recken asks. "If we promise, will you turn yourself in?".
Siran thinks for a moment again and says "I can't go on without at least knowing if her and her future daughter will be safe. So, I can't let you kill me now".
"Wait!" Recken yells. But Siran didn't wait. Siran ran off with an immense speed that no one could keep up with. "You'll be hunted!" Recken yells, "no matter where you hide! No one will take your side!".