Chapter 57

“We’re going out tonight,” Wes called, coming back into the room hanging up his phone. He and I had been spending the day lounging around, not doing much. When his phone had rung he stepped out of the room to take the call.

“Oh?” I asked.

He nodded. “Yup. You need to get out and have fun. You’re spending too much of your time worrying. It’s going to age you. We’re going out.”

“Where to?” I asked, intrigued by the idea.

“Nightclub.” He grinned. “So make sure to bring your A game.”

“Anyone else going with us?” I asked.

He nodded. “Yeah, it was Lucas’ idea. I think Calix and Declan are probably going too.”

“Alright,” I said, looking at the clock. It was 7. “When are we going?”

“9:30?” He shrugged. “Does that give you enough time?”

I nodded. “Yeah, I’ll be fine,” I replied getting up off the couch.

“Good,” He said, walking towards the door. “Start getting ready, we’ll all meet over at your place in a little while to give you a bit of extra time. Give Whitney a call, I haven’t seen her in a while, she should come with us, Heather too.”

“Okay,” I replied, walking to the door. “See you in a bit.”

I closed the door behind me and looked at the time on phone. I was thrown off from my sleep pattern thanks to last night and today, but it would actually make going out easier. I sighed and walked out of the building and down the street to the Tube station. I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to go, but Wes was right, I was spending too much time worrying. This would be good for me, to be with all of them like old times. Well, almost like old times.

I texted Whitney and Heather. “Please tell me you don’t have plans for tonight,” I sent in a group chat.

“Why what’s up?” Heather responded.

“The boys want to go out tonight,” I replied.

“All of us?” Whitney asked.

“Of course! That’s why I’ve messaged you, come with us please, Wes wants all of us to go.”

“Alright, I’ll head over now,” Whitney replied.

“Heather?” I asked, as she hadn’t said anything back.

“I dunno Rae…”

“Why not?”

“Well are you sure this is a good idea?”

“No, but I’m actually getting more and more excited. Please, it won’t be as fun without you.”

I watched the little dots come on and off the screen as she was typing and stopping. “Alright fine, I’ll see you soon.” She finally messaged.

Up in my flat I hopped in the shower while waiting for the girls to show up and by the time I was out, they were here.

“First things first, what are you going to wear?” Whitney asked.

“That,” I said pointing at the back of my door where a black dress was hanging.

“I can tell by your outfit that tonight is going to be fabulous,” Whitney said as she and Heather began to get changed and do their makeup.

A little while later there was a knock on the door signalling the boys arrival. Everyone except Leo.

I tried not to think about it, but it felt like he was missing. I tried to ignore it.