Midnight Shopping

Start from the beginning

Taking a deep bite into the rich goodness of a muffin, you hummed happily at the sensation of your teeth sinking deeper into the baked good as Cracker nipped at the bits in your stomach.

Skch-

Your eyes bolted open and you leaped far away, landing on top of an aisle, pink orbs lit up in paranoia.

Someone else is here

Scanning the shadows of the store for any signs of movement, you ever so quietly clapped your palms together- feeling a familiar object come into existence on your back.

Keeping a light hand on Pretzel's hilt in a form of precaution, you smoothly landed back onto the floor and crept around.

Should we eat the intruder?

You paused, giving your stomach an unimpressed look, "Cracker.."

Alright, alright, no eating..

Creeping out of the area of baked goods, you smiled and waved at a couple of lobsters in their tank as you entered the seafood section.

As you went further and further into the store, you heard sounds of movement and crinkly bags.

A late night worker? Perhaps a thief? Maybe we can knock them out with a little scare

Peeking out from a corner, for a moment the stark lights beaming over the varied meats blinded you, but once you blinked a couple of times, your eyes bolted wide at the sight- and you both spoke without thinking.

"Zoro?"

Shit you goofed up.

The green haired teenager visibly stiffened and whirled around, hands already resting on top his wooden sword and dropping the package of elephant tuna he was previously holding.

He faltered seeing your queer appearance, and you blinked just now noticing the stacks upon stacks of food he packed in one cart.

Is he? No way..

Narrowing his eyes suspiciously at the weapon on your back, he still didn't make a move to draw his own, but slowly molded into a fighting position.

"Do I know you?.."

Right, you had floating purple hair, pink eyes, and a slightly muscular chest right now.

Hesitantly glancing to Pretzel, you let the object fade back out of existence again and felt your body slowly but surely shrink- like a balloon.

If he makes one wrong move we'll break him

Once Cracker completely retreated into the deeper areas of your body, Zoro's eyes flashed in recognition.

"You, you're in my biology class.."

Shyly waving, you hid a bit behind the shelves of canned meats, knowing it effectively shadowed your whole appearance from sight, "uh, yeah- so are you, also..?"

Pointing to the cart, Zoro glanced at it before realizing what you were insinuating, shaking his head quickly, you blinked disappointed and intrigued.

Thought so, no way anyone would take such a defective host

"No- No I don't got any.. Kiseichus.."

"Then what's all the food for?"

He stayed silent for a moment, looking askance, he frowned in deep thought for a moment before glancing back at the cart and then back to you.

"How do they.. interact with one another..?" You rose a brow at the random question, not understanding it at first.

"Well- I know two other people with Kiseichus and we all get along fine- they aren't aggressive with each other or particularly territorial if that's what you're asking"

He fidgeted for all moment before tensing up in what seemed to have been an intimidating look, "and if one of them was in trouble would you help them?"

"Definitely"

He hesitated once more before hardening his expression in resolve.

"This food is for my friend.. they have Kiseichus"

You drew a blank for a moment, eyes widening, "'Kiseichus'? As in, more than one? How many?"

No way, that can't be possible

"Four"

"How the fuck?!" You nearly doubled over feeling Cracker stab something in surprise- and this time for sure you saw him nearly bulge out of you like a xenomorph.

That is not possible! There's no way a host could hold so many and live!

"H-How long have they had them-?! No, did they like, get them all at once or-" "he's had them since as far as I can remember"

Okay, that is impressive..

Suddenly something clicked in your head, "you want me to help you steal some food for them.."

Zoro blushed and furiously turned away, "y-you don't have to, it's just that it's pretty hard to get him food all the time without getting caught-" "we'll do it"

Glancing back at the cart, you grinned rosily at the green haired delinquent.

(Y/N)..

"I can't sit back hearing there's another friend in trouble!-" clapping your hands rapidly, Zoro backed away in alarm seeing small soldiers organizing the foods in the cart.

Grabbing ahold of the rails, you imagined your eyes and hair must have shifted again, feeling Cracker flow beneath your skin and pump himself once again into your muscles.

"Okay, lead the way Zoro!"