We never got the cafeteria food we were promised

You grinned evilly as Cracker coagulated eagerly down your intestines.

"Come on, I know a place where we can eat" the redhead hesitated for a moment- but quickly allowed you to haul him into the streets.

"So, uh- how many others are we talking here?" You shrugged, "well I always thought that the only ones in school were me and Luffy- but uh, you proved me wrong"

Kidd blinked incredulously, "Strawhat? Like- that popular little jock you hang around with? The hell? How the shit does he hide it so well with so many people around him?"

You shrugged your shoulders feeling amused, "dunno, Luffy's just lucky I guess.. or maybe everyone knows and just doesn't care..?" you smirked.

"What's his Kiseichu like?" The other gave you a playfully suspicious glare.

"Hm, he's pretty chill, likes sugar, bit bossy, kinda serious a lot of the time, Katakuri loves Luffy to death though so I wouldn't get up in his face if I were you" once again Kidd gaped at you with a deer in headlights look.

"Katakuri?! That huge Kiseichu?! In that tiny ass kid?! Now I know you're bullshitting this!"

You laughed aloud.

Watch where you're going

You jolted to a stop right before a crosswalk, looking across the street, you smiled seeing Ace's apartment.

"Thanks Cracker.." the other purred loudly as you rubbed your growling stomach.

Mnn, you're such a good host..

Raising a brow at the sudden praise, you didn't have much time to think on it when the red light turned white.

Go

Both you and Kidd marched across the long street, "so what about you?"

Blinking up at Kidd's curious gaze he quirked his head in thought, "eh?"

"Tell me about your Kiseichu- Law"

He paused in front of the apartment doors, staring into his own reflection.

Standing patiently behind him, you felt Cracker swim lazily through your bloodstream as Kidd gazed deeply into his reflection, at first he was dead set on finding and mulling over the fresh bruises hiding around his face, but then he just settled on watching his own eyes as one of them bled into a fine silver.

"It was a rainy night.." you blinked, feeling a light blush dust your cheeks.

"The old man was drunk so I went out to stay away from home.." your chest deflated sadly.

Oh, this is that kind of story

"Then some hounds jumped me- got into a bad fight, too many of them and I was sure I was gonna die"

Clutching a fist into the fabric of his shirt, Kidd balled up the cloth with his fist before skimming his fingers thoughtfully over his abdomen, and you saw something dark beneath the surface pool in that area like a bruise.

"But then something shows up- knocks all the guys clean off their feet and the next thing I know, I wake up feeling like shit with this voice in my head"

Turning to look at you over his shoulder, Kidd smiled nonchalantly.

"If it wasn't for this bastard I'd be dead, he might be demanding, pushy, and helluva annoying, but he's mine"

You grinned back at him, "won't have it any other way"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Portgas D. Ace! Get out here you shit! You owe me a free lunch!"

Banging quite harshly on his apartment door, Kidd smiled amusedly at the almost thuggish aura you were exerting.

"You'd make a good loan shark"

Turning back to Kidd with an innocent child-like expression, the redhead immediately had to force himself not to smile, "really?"

"Yeah"

We think you'd do fine, he's not wrong

Blushing hotly at Cracker's comment, you were about to talk to him when Ace finally swung open his door.

"(Y/N)- Kidd?" Looking to the brutish loner in confusion, Ace's body came to a halt until you jumped in, "Ace today you'll be feeding a crew of four"

Both Kidd and Ace turned to you with mortified expressions, "what?!" They both yelled.

Hurriedly, the bigger male took a step back, sweat going down his temple, "er what she meant to say-" "you mean I have another Kiseichu to feed now?! Again?!"

The redhead stopped in place as the raven haired man rushed back into his apartment, swiftly coming back out with his wallet and school bag.

"Okay, we're going to the Baratie"

Ace marched by the two of you hurriedly, leaving you behind with a dumbstruck Kidd.

"You could have warned me that he knew.."

You shrugged your shoulders absentmindedly, "eh, come on, let's go drain his wallet"

You heard both Cracker and Law hum in delight at that.