The Tide Is High

Shawn's P.O.V

The texts and calls from Camille started to dwindle down the longer I was back home and we were apart. I couldn't really control her while she was a province over and even if I could she wouldn't want me to so instead I just watched how many guys she was talking to on twitter and all the parties she was at on Instagram just hoping we were both still thinking about each other. It was weird being back home and around Laur after I had essentially broken up with her then moved on a few days after. Especially now since it looked like I was slowly being replaced as well. We were going back to Batchwana in three days and I couldn't be more happy. To be with Camille and Amy and Cole and all of our families and friends just for a few more moments of sanity before summer was over. Life Of The party had gotten a huge response and with this came press and touring and this was my time to just be me again. For Cam and I to just be us.

-3 days later-

Camille's P.O.V

I didn't know what to tell him. Or if i could. Ir If I wanted to or if I even should. Shawn deserved so much better and now I was only ten minutes away from being face to face with him again and so much had changed since Chicago but he didn't even know it. I watched out my window at the mountains and rock as we got closer and closer to the cabins and I contemplated what  I'd do. My thoughts were interrupted by a buss in my lap. I saw two messaged one from Shawn and one from Xander. Simultaneously my finger shook as I slid open my phone to Shawn's message, "Can't wait to see you x Hurry up ;)"

My heart sunk at Shawn's kindness. This entire time, he's been nothing but a complete darling and I went and messed up the best thing I had going. "You can't be mad at me forever! -X". No I couldn't, but I could let the guilt weigh on me. Be sunken into the taunting thoughts of what had happened only a week earlier. I was ashamed. I felt cheap and dirty and this was a filth that I was dreadfully afraid that not even Superior herself would be able to wash away. As we pulled into the driveway I saw Shawn's family's van across the yard and heard voices nearing as we all filed out. He was still so tall, maybe even taller, and  his eyes so warm, and I couldn't forgive myself for the betrayal. When my feet would hit the warm soil so many times before I felt at home, at ease. Now, stepping out into the heat, I felt only the sun beating down on me ever so heavily, ready to illuminate my every problem. Each and every fear.

"Sorry i haven't been texting you, I saw so busy," I said into his chest. The way he held me could never compare to any other embrace. No kindling from an old friend or cradle from a cool brew was worth giving up his affection. "That's okay, I missed you." I stood silently in Shawn's arms for a while, too scared to stare him back. "You okay?" he asked, rubbing my arms and he held me tight for longer. "Yeah. Just a little motion sick." Not from the long car ride. From the ridiculous marry-go-round I'd been parading on for so long.