Beautiful Day

The day was routinely, swim, and then dinner and now everyone was out on the beach waiting to get the nightly fire going. I stood in the kitchen washing the dishes used earlier, and as I scrubbed, I heard a light tap on the window above the sink. Startled, I look up and across the yard I saw Shawn motioning me over to his cabin. Wasting no time, i shut off the sink and ran to the door to meet him outside.

He picked me up and spun me like we'd been apart all day, when really we were together a few minutes ago. "Let's go inside, while they're out here," he said in a low voice, taking my hand and leading me inside.

Shawn's room with Cole was ten times more neat than I'd expected. They had adorned the walls with posters of bands like Gnarls Barley and Maroon 5, along with baseball and basketball jerseys and memorabilia. I sat down on Shawn's bed and crossed my legs, watching him pick at his guitar. "Sing for me."

Shawn's P.O.V

Camile's cheeks got rosy as I smiled at her and strummed. "No," she laughed shaking her head. How shy she was, never ceased to amaze but intrigue me."Bedouin Soundclash, come on, please," I smiled, and began strumming the familiar melody. I knew how much she loved the song and I was hoping she liked it enough to sing it to me. To open up.

She inhaled and exhaled heavily before giving me a small smile a conformation before she sang. I scooted closer to her so that our knees grazed each others and she began to sing.

"I'm on the rocky road,
Heading down off the mountain slope,
And as my steps echo (echo) louder than before"

I smiled at her flawless tone and winked when I saw how introverted her body language was, trying to get her to laugh. It worked and Cam went into the next lines laughing at me.

"Another day is done,
Say good-bye to the setting sun,
See what I found, turn back to the ground just like before"

The sun streamed in from the window behind us, shinning down on Camile, bringing out the orange undertone in her curls, and the gold flecks in her eyes. I watched my beautiful girl smile, as she sang to me, fidgeting with her fingers.

"
Hey hey heeeyyy, hey hey hey (hey!)
HEY Beautiful Day (hey! hey!)
HEY Beautiful Day.
Heeeeeyyyy, hey hey hey (hey!)
HEY Beautiful Day (hey! hey!)
HEY Beautiful Day.

When the night feels my song,
I'll be home, I'll be home"

As the echo of my chords died down so did the small on her face, causing my own to falter. "That was amazing, Cam."
Soon enough the smile returned to her bright face, making me feel at ease again. "Thank you." I watched her shift uncomfortably in her position and look around the room and I knew how unsteady she must have felt.
"Let's go outside," I grinned half heartily standing up. Truthfully, I was hoping to stay in there alone, to...well make out I won't lie, but I saw how shy and vulnerable she felt just the two of us in the small room.

I took Camile by the hand and lead her out to the hammock in the yard. Our families were in her yard, so we were still alone in a sense, but I knew being out in the open was much more calming to Cam. I smirked and strummed quietly, looking at her as she sat across from me cross legged. "You play so well," she smiled. "Have you ever tried to play that?" I asked referring to the Bedouin Soundclash tune. She shook her head with furrowed brows, and explained why to me, "The tempo's really strange for me." I made a face that I was sure she noticed, and shook my head in disagreement. "You could probably do it, come here." I angled my body off the edge of the hammock and let Cam slide over. "Sit in front of me." She did as I instructed and sat in front of me, her back against my chest, with the little space that we had.

Carefully, I slid my guitar onto her lap and let her grip the neck before I reached around her waist to hold on too. It was a cheesy move, something that most people only did in movies and books but I'd be lying if I said that this entire didn't sound like a Nicholas Sparks novel.

Cam's P.O.V:
I watched Shawn's hands make there way to the neck and strings of his guitar, lightly resting over mine. "II'm gonna tell you the chords, you pick, okay?" I held back my smile a little and nodded my head and played the song simply by memory. With Shawn's head, perched on my shoulder, I played the fast ska melody, the best that I could. As I approached the chorus, I found the song coming flat, as I mixed up the melody and harmony. "That's okay," Shawn cooed in my ear, moving my hand down the neck of the instrument. "A, there you go," he spoke lightly, not breaking my focus but helping me alone. "C..." The steady murmur of each not was suddenly unneeded as I picked up the song quick. Instead a light voice began to sing in the quietest falsetto, right below my left ear.
"Feels my souuuul, I'll be hoooome
I'll be hooome."

The light echo of the guitar still hummed, as I moved my head slightly to look at Shawn. He slid his guitar off of my lap and onto the low grass, giving me more space. Tenderly gripping me by my waist, and turning my body towards him.
"Hey, hey, heeey, hey, hey
Hey beautiful day," he sang. In the most adorable way he could, Shawn pulled my weight onto his body, and shifted back in the think but sturdy fabric, singing to me. He didn't let go of me or stop pulling me close until my head was pressed against him and the sky was now a dark blue.

"You're so amazing," he whispered slowly, in a hushed and slow voice. I'd never seen a teenage boy so gentle or intent. I dare not ruin the moment with any of my awkward ramblings and instead I brought my lips to his, allowing this to be my response. His body reacted immediately, his hand finding my hair and hips solidifying beneath my weight. The strength of Shawn's body held me up and secured my chest onto his easily. The steady and low clicking and smacking of our kisses blended in with the crunch and chatter of the forest nulling any of my family's noise. I took on a new personality and bravery under the sky's dark blanket and dared to take the kiss further.
Slowly, I rocked my hips into Shawn's while our tongues felt around each other's mouth. Behind Shawn's low moan, I buried a light whine, as his hands found my back pockets for the second time that day. As if the darkness that engulfed us acted as some type of cloak, I was no longer hesitant to explore with him. As almost an instant reaction to the contact of our hips, Shawn grew underneath me as I felt through our shorts. A slight smirked played on my lips as I lowered my mouth, connecting to his jaw. I would bite and kiss the skin there for a while before moving lower onto his neck where I sucked down. "Shit, babe" Shawn hissed and I took it as encouragement to start again in a new area. I had him groaning underneath me and his erection was nothing short of obvious but neither of us cared. "Mmm, lay back," Shawn spoke up low, raising up from under me. With ease we traded spots, his body now hovering over too of mine, head hot and slightly damp at his hairline. With zero hesitation Shawn began kissing all over my jaw and neck, copious amounts of heat building all over my body. Steadily Shawn eased his body lower, his hips grinding into mine, hot circles being swirled on my chore. "Shawn!"
"Cam!"

Two voices rang out, just around the corner making us both stop dead, and Shawn raised up off of me. Even in the dark night, there was just enough light from lanterns in the Mendes' yard for me to see just really what I effect I had on Shawn's body. Plunging out directly, Shawn's boner was obvious and if I could even see it in this dim light, our families surely would when we reached the fire. Out from the side of the cabin emerged Amy and Cole, both smirking as they approached us in the lawn. "The fire's going," Amy smirked mischievously at me. "Awesome, we're coming..." I said in a low voice doing by best to act as if I had no idea why she was behaving so oddly. "Alright, just lettin', ya know," Cole added, backing away and heading to the beach. Shawn and I were alone again soon and I turned to him, out of breath. He just smirked at me, biting his lip, obviously still in a daze. I rolled my eyes and laughed, picking up his guitar and handing it to him, against his chest. "Wear it when we get over there, it's sort of obvious."
It took a second for Shawn to register what I meant but when he looked down and looked back up, he clearly caught on. Chuckling, he slung the guitar around his body, leaving it handing in front instead of off to the side. "That was all you," he laughed, putting an arms around me and staring to walk over to the fire. I just shook my head an chuckled back, wrapping an arm around the tall boy. "Just don't bring it up." As soon as the words ran from my mouth I knew I'd regret them and Shawn's cackle was solidification of that. "I could say the same to you."