Good Morning Batchwana

The next morning, I woke up to Aaliya jumping at the foot of my bed. I squinted my eyes as the sun beamed into the room, "Is it late?"
"No but everyone's at my cabin for breakfast, I came to wake you up. Shawn really wants to see you," she teased, wiggling her eyebrows at me. "Oh get over it, like he said that," I laughed getting out of bed.
"Not exactly.  But last night he did tell me all about what happened. He really likes you, you know," she chirped in a matter of factly voice.
"Well if I'm being honest, I do too, " I smiled pulling my hair into a ponytail. I brushed my teeth and washed my face in the bathroom before Aaliya and I headed over to her cabin.

Walking into the Mendes' cozy, nearly picture perfect cabin, my ears were immediately filled with chatter, and the sizzling of bacon atop the stove.
I said hi to my aunt and uncle and Shawn's parents before heading over to the kitchen area where all of the kids piled in. I walked in and waved to Callie and Amy and stood talking tl them while I watched Cole and Shawn. Cole was leaning over the island while Shawn pulled a bowl out of the pantry and turned back to him. I smiled watching Cole smirk and cock his head to me, then Shawn turned around and saw me. Watching his expression snap from dull to happy, made me feel so good about myself, even in the morning with messy hair and no makeup, and my flannel pajamas on.

Shawn wore black and white basketball shorts and his Redhawks hoodie, and the messy fray of hair on his head looked as if he hadn't woken up very early either. I exited the girls' conversation to walk over to Shawn who grinned at me ear to ear. As he walked, opening his arms wide, I took the opportunity to wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head on his chest. Shawn squeezed my shoulders tightly, giving the top of my head a light kiss as he did, rocking me a little.  "Morning, " I said against his chest, and warm sweater. "Morning,  beautiful, " he said rubbing my back before pulling away to look at my face.  "You're so gorgeous, " he said nearly in awe, almost as much as I was at his honesty. "Thank you." I could feel myself beaming.

We both got something to eat off of the stove and sat down with Aaliyah to eat. Their friendship was absolutely adorable,  and they got along so well. My brother was 20, on a Virginia naval base, but we were like that at one age too. Finishing breakfast everyone headed off to get ready for the day, Shawn's parents were taking us boating in a while.  I put my dish in the kitchen sink and headed for the door before Shawn caught up. He pulled me to a small, space behind a wall, beside the living room where my uncle and his parents still sat, talking.  "What are you doing? "
Shawn smirked slightly, "I never got a good morning kiss."
"Maybe you just needed to ask," I laughed,  watching him pout his lips.
"Well can I have a kiss now please?" he said pulling me in by the hips.
"I don't know..." I teased even though I was honestly glad to get him alone. Even if it was only for 3 minutes or so. "Please," he giggled,  pushing his lips out to mine. I smiled,  taking his chin in my finger and tilting his head down to me, giving his top lip a long kiss. Grinning underneath me, Shawn pulled away giving me a peck. "Okay, you're allowed to go if you need to."
"Thanks, crazy."
I turned heading out of the nook. "Bye Camile. "