Start of Something New

"Hey mum," Shawn said, kissing his mom and wrapping his arms around her shoulder. I smiled watching them as he rested his chin on her head. "Do you guys wanna go to the general store to grab me somethings for dinner tonight, hun?"

"Sure, is that okay?" Shawn asked looking over at me, still holding onto his mother. I grinned, shaking my head which mad him blush back at me.

"There's some money and a list on the table you can take that with you," she said patting his arms.

We only stayed for a bit longer then left, ready to walk to pick up her groceries. As we left his yard, Shawn reached down for my hand, lacing his fingers in mine. He placed and gentle kiss on the back of my hand, "You look beautiful."

"Thanks," I smiled, watching ahead, knowing he was just waiting to make a comment on the color of my cheeks.

"You're welcome," he said squeezing my hand again, not dragging anything on. I was glad and very thankful for that, usually he's tease me but he left it alone.

We picked up the few things that Shawn's mom asked for and went back to his cabin where we had dinner together. Afterwords my family packed back into our cabin to changee and set up for another evening shared around a fire.

When I came out of my cabin, I saw both all of my family as well as Shawn and Aaliyah's huddled about out fire pit. It seemed to be roaring bigger than ever, while everyone chatted and laughed like something from a movie. Shawn sat with Callie, and held his guitar in his his lap.

He looked ridiculously handsome that night. He had on a white Hurley surf cap, a purple tentree hoodie and black basketball shorts. Something about the glow that he got when he laughed mixed with the fire's flattering light, made him stand out amongst everyone around him that night.

I held my guitar to my hip, and made my way to the empty seat beside Cole on a bench. 

"Hey Cam," he smiled turning to me with a smile. "Look at you, in your man's clothes," he teased, his voice getting higher as he nudged me with his elbow. I wore my black roots sweats and ugg slippers, and Shaw's blackhawks hoodie. He let me wear it when we got back from boating in the afternoon and I didn't make a point to give it back. "He's not my man Cole, shutup," I laughed setting my guitar off to the side. I watched his laugh and chat with my family, and my heart grew. He was so so easy going and down to earth. So much different than many of the boys that I'd met.

"Not yet. but he wants to be." I could feel my heart beat, pounding against the cozy fabric of Shawn's sweater, and the way my cheeks heated. "Awww, you're blushing," Cole continued, embarrassing me.

"Don't start with me," I grinned shaking my head, watching Shawn. He turned his head, his gaze meeting mine with a smile and wink. I brushed my hair from my face and waved, winking back making him chuckle a bit. I couldn't hear it over the multiple conversations around our campfire,  I knew it was melodic.

"Go talk to him," he nudged, watching me follow Shawn with my eyes. I smirked and shook my head, letting my hair fall in front of my eyes.

"He's with Aaliyah, it's okay."

"Well then, I'm gonna do you a favor," he grinned. Cole stood up and walked away, heading over to Amy, leaving me alone. I looked around the circle, sort of feeling alienated now, left alone. I was getting sort of irritated when two long arms wrapped around me from behind. "Hey cutie." Shawn kissed the top of my head before coming around the bench to sit beside me.

"How you doing?" he smiled, pulling one of my hands into his.

"I'm good. Just as good as ten minutes ago when we were having dinner together," I laughed.

"Excuse me for trying to check up on my girl."

"Am I your girl now?" I teased raising my eyebrows at him.

He just laughed at my challenge and use his index finger and thumb to pull my face closer in to his. "Only if you wanna be."

At first I was reluctant to say anything, even to move but looking into Shawn's warm hazel eyes, his expression softened. It was less of a challenge than it was a question or plead. I watched his eyes stay open, waiting for a response and I took this as a chance to kiss him. It wasn't anything crazy because his family around but I was confident that my point had been made.

"Yeah?" he smirked, our foreheads pressed to each others. Smiling I nodded my head, letting him kiss my forehead as he pulled back and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. We didn't speak much for the rest of that time, instead we just sat together, looking at each other. I knew it was probably really weird, I didn't even understand it but somehow it was just enough.I'm not sure how Shawn could find content just looking at me, I was pretty plain, but somehow he did it and it made my heart pound.