Goodnight

Camile:

The forest was eerily still on our last night. Usually loud with squawking and whooshes of leaves rustling in the wind, the unexplored part of Batchwana was now at rest.

Man made noise rang out, our fire crackling loud, small sparks coming off of the burning wood. I watched it silently as the benches started filling up.

As usual the divas of the group, Shawn and Cole were the very last to pile out into the site. Taking his understood spot beside me, Shawn almost instinctively wrapped an arm around my side. "Hello, beautiful." Tenderly a kissed was planted at the corner of my lip. "Hey," I pipped.
"Promise, we're gonna have fun tonight?" he asked fixing a stray coil that felt between my eyes. A loving thumb brushed across my bottom lip as I spoke, "No crying, no whining," I promised. Chuckling Shawn squeezed me to him, and we began to reminisce
about or short few days together.

"I was so fucking nervous," Shawn laughed, telling me about the first day we met, out on the beach. "I thought it was for sure because you hated me."
I pouted and wrapped my arms around Shawn's torso, perching my head on his large shoulder. "Aw, babe."
"Honestly, I had Amy giving me advice the entire time," he confessed.
I honestly never would have thought of Shawn as someone to get nervous or seek advice on girls. He'd seemed so confident the first times that we'd spent time together, it was hard to imagine him confiding in my cousin for aid. "I'm happy that I did," he grinned.

Shawn and I were joint at the hip that night around the fire. One of us may have stood to grab something or pass food over but we mainly sat by each others side until the fire went out.
Earlier, some time between packing and swimming, all of the kids had set up tents in my yard. Littered in blankets, pillows and different games, we created a perfect last night. After the fire we all changed into our pyjamas and headed to the yard.

The night was starry above us and the half-moon hung low in the sky. The air was so warm that night that blankets weren't needed, instead we sat up, sharing stories over games of cards and dominos.

"Throwback to finding Shawn and Cam sucking face in his yard," Cole laughed, laying down a spade in our pile for cheat. Without anything to say I put my face in my deck and let the colour flush threw and fade away again. As I lifted my head Shawn's presence behind me was soon very clear. In a low voice he said, "For the record that was a great night."

Aaliyah must have got at least eight piggy-pack rides around the yard, Andrew cracked his phone, Amy was bitten by a spider and I had a piece of hair ripped out. We were a crazy group of kids to say the least, each with our own personality and little quarks, but like the sand we'd blended together as one. It seemed as if the night would never come to an end but as it did, smiled did fade.

"Can you guys com back before school starts?' Callie asked. It was my family's plan to return in late August for one last time on the lake before our lives would be back, spinning in full force. "Probably, I want to," Shawn said holding Aaliyah around her shoulders. After not much more talk everyone headed into their tents and said good nights.
Shawn and I just thought it would be best to spend the night apart instead of being a bit too personal and sharing a tent amongst other people. This decision proved to be a dumb one as we said goodnight.
"Night, Shawn." I hugged his waist tightly and let him wrap his long arms around my upper body, "Night, baby."
Pulling back with a kiss, Shawn held my cheeks, "We'll see each other soon I promise."
I just nodded my head and kissed his cheek before heading into my tent.

Callie and Andrew didn't stop talking the entire night. Even as we approached 2:00 am I still heard their voices over my headphones. Trying to sleep with the two of them going on and on definitely wasn't happening that night so instead I excused myself and went to sit outside. In my small yoga shorts and a loose cheer t-shirt and I hustled to grab a blanket to wrap around my body. Seated in a pink of cushioning I stilly, looked up at the stars for the last time in a long time.

Shawn's P.O.V:
"Cam, come back we're going to sleep!" my conversation with Andrew and Luke was cut short when I heard Callie calling out from her tent. Climbing past the boys and sticking my head out the opening of the tent I saw my Camille seated in a pile of blankets, just looking at the sky. Without any hesitation I climbed out of the tent to join her. I wasn't getting much sleep either way.

"Let's go." Standing above Cam, I held out a hand and together we carried blankets and pillow into my yard. The white lanterns around the yard were lit dim, bringing just enough light around the hammock where we made our bed. Her legs tangled in mine, we laid under a thin blanket, rested on our sides to face each other.

"I'm so lucky," I trailed, holding onto Cam's waist under her top. "So am I," she beamed, playing with the thin hairs that framed my face. "I'm gonna miss you, Shawn," she whispered and a slow tear rolled down her cheek. "Please don't cry boo." I wiped a tear from her cheek and watched her shut her eyes. Lightly, I placed two kisses on her kids and watched her open them back up. "This doesn't need to be over, you know." I could tell that she was hanging off of my words so I continued on. "I've never done it, but if you want to try we can do it long distance. It sounds a lot better then just forgetting about this."
Cam nodded her head with a tiny smile, "That'd be way better." My heart rate quickened and I was sure she could feel it pounding considering how closely we clung onto one another. "So yeah?" I asked and she nodded.

Never one for long speeches or dragged out confessions, Cam said yes the best way that I knew how, planting a long soft kiss on my lips. I wanted this kiss to last for much longer than it did, but none the less knots formed in my stomach.

That's kind of odd, hey? A 15 year old getting butterflies over a girl? It was strange and unfamiliar to me but still being with her some insane type of rush. I watched as Cam slowly drifted off, her eyelids fighting to stay peeled open, before she left me for the night, "Night Shawn." The next time that I would feel those knots would be 4 weeks later in California and I was perfectly okay with that, because superior had given her to me. and even though it wasn't physically, I'd be leaving with her too. "Goodnight smiley."

A/N: Tbh Im not even slightly proud of this chapter, hopefully y'all liked it bc I found it boring as hell man so be honest in the comments. I know the authors note said I'd be posting this in the afternoon but I was far too occupied with dragon city so I apologize. New chapter tomorrow around 9 I think, have a lovely night XO