It's You and I

Shawn's P.O.V

"You look gorgeous, baby." I held Camile's hand in the car on the way to the bar. She'd listened to me and left her hair in it's natural curl and there wasn't anything more beautiful on my girl than those coils. I probably liked them so much because during our entire time in Batchwana she'd left them loud and unruly. That was when I started losing myself to her. All my thoughts, all my laughs and smiles and songs went to her since then.

"Congrats on two years, Smiley," I said rubbing her hand with my thumb as we pulled up to our destination. "Thanks Shawn," she smiled kissing my jaw, my weakest spot. She knew it too, I could tell by the look on her face that she liked the outfit I chose. I wore a black dress shirt, chinos and some bracelets with the diamond earrings that she liked so much. The whole night I tried to push my thoughts to the back of my mind, how good her small frame looked in the small skirt and top and how she held my leg in the car. And now I had to stay out all night before I could have her to myself the way I wanted. It'd be worth the wait though.

Cam's P.O.V

The bar was dark in some areas, other's dimly lit and other's were glowing with red green and blue lights, the floor pulsating from the loud bass of the music playing. We came a but before most people so there weren't very many people in attendance yet and that gave me a chance to pick the best spot to enjoy my night. I was typically the type to enjoy a long jog in the woods or swim in a lake so this atmosphere was foreign to me but tonight was a celebration so I had plans to enjoy it as much as I could. I sat beside Shawn with a drunk in front of me and pictured myself dancing and talking with all of my friends and soon anxiousness built in my stomach.

"Congrats on two years!" I hugged Andrea, releasing my grip on Shawn's hand for a bit. Once Andrea and I were done talking I felt a hand tug on my elbow. It was now 11:00, two hours past when we'd arrived and the bar was chalk full of people. I'd been talking and dancing all night. Shawn had left me for a while and had just came back to find me.

Shawn's P.O.V

Even as the strobe lights shot by us and above our heads and people hurried by us. I only had eyes for one girl in the bar. Her eyes were light tonight, closer to green than brown and her cheeks were flushed a light pink, her freckles practically bouncing off of her cheeks. "Can we get out of here for a second?" I asked taking her hand in mine and walking away from the large swarms of people. "Where are we going?" she laughed hurrying with me. I shrugged and pulled her into the kitchen, where the lights were brighter and faces were seen clearly.

The cooks and servers smiled at us as we made our way through the back. "Can we take this with us?" A girl looked around and nodded so I picked up a plate of pasta. "Grab that!" I laughed as we passed a pitcher of what I guessed to be ice tea and jogged out of the kitchen holding onto Cam's hand still. "You're crazy."

I mind darted back to Batchwana as Camile and I ran through the club, eventually finding a balcony that overlooked downtown LA. It'd been so long since we got a carefree weekend to ourselves, or even a few hours and just escaping everyone for a bit alone was what I needed.

I pulled out a table and two chair and set them right by the edge of the balcony and put down our plate of Alfredo and can set down the pitcher of iced tea. "What the hell was that," she laughed. My breath was still hitching every now and then between my laughing. "We haven't done anything spontaneous in forever. I miss it." I shrugged. I passed her a fork and we began to eat our food while looking over LA. "This is insane. My second year on YouTube, your first single is coming out in two weeks, it's crazy!"

"I know iit's I all happening so fast...I'm glad we got to met in the middle of it though," I said, and I meamt iy one hundred and ten percent. I never really thought something like what he had was possible.  A love like this. I mean yeah my parents have been in love with over a decade and they have an amazing marriage and two kids to prove it but Cam and I were 15 and things like this didn't normally happen. 

My vine grew like a monster in one year alone and if you haf asked me this time last year if I thought any of this wouldd be happening I would've laugh my ass off. EPs's, record deals, things like this don't happen to kids in Pickering but for some crazy unknown reason the universe chose me. Shawn. Shawn Mendes who went from playing guitar in his room for his little sister to playing guitar for an audience of one million girls. I was blessed and I was having the time of my life with the one girl I loved the most,

A few weeks before I came out to Batchwana I'd ended things with Laur and it was insanely hard on us both. Part of me felt guilty for moving on and starting something with Camile so quick but it was nothing that my head could talk my heart out of.  From the first time I saw her on YouTube singing Tiny Dancer to the first time she walked onto that beach I wanted to make her mine. I never really believed in love at first sight or ever love within a week of knowing someone but all of my parent's stories made sense as I held Cam in my arms around a fire so many nights, and felt her damp curls on my chest in the sand.

And here we sat now, face to face in La, overlooking on of the most breathtaking scenes I'd ever seen. Just like Batchwana. And I never wanted to come down from  that balcony.

"Of course, " she grinned, reach for my hand across the table.

"You mean the world to me Shawn, " she smiled her warm smile and I felt reassured.  Loving someone like I loved Cam was scary and risky but I knew it was worth it when she's reach for my hand or go out of her way just to let me know that I was missed. The craziest part was that we only knew each other for like a month and a half. "It's you and I, boo," I smiled letting go of her hand to gently tap her cheek with my knuckle. "You know it."