Sleeping Beauty

Walking down to the dock, I got to know Shaw's sister as he talked to Amy 90% of the way. It wasn't any that I wasn't used to by now, since we were kids I was overshadowed by her perfect blonde waves and light brown eyes. She had the body type that most guys would love, a mega-flat torso and legs for days where as I was her polar opposite.

I stood at 5' 6 maybe a half with a flyer's build, perfect for cheer, lean legs and a toned mid-section and upper body.  My mom was black but my dad french so I was given a shoulder length mane of wild sandy brown curls and hazel eyes. I wasn't any type of wonder compared to Callie either, my 5' 7 model of a best friend with warm ginger hair flowing down her back and frosty green eyes. And her body was nothing less than what you'd expect from a model her age.

  Shawn's POV

     As Amy and I walked behind Camile,  I found it hard to keep my eyes levelled to her head as she walked in a small purple bikini. She hadn't said very much but I felt like I already knew her in a way, after watching so many of her vlogs on YouTube. Away from the camera though, she was much prettier. No level of HD pixel quality could do her warm curls justice or the gold and green eyes that burned into you.

"She really loves your covers you know, you should talk to her. "

Getting carried away , trailing each part of Camile's body I must have tuned out mine and Amy's conversation up until this point.

"She does?"

She nodded her head with a smirk, "Yeah, but she'd never let you know. Tell her that you like her videos, it gives you something common to talk about. "

"Am I that obvious?"

Amy shook her head with pursed lips, a palm coming down on my shoulder.

"Don't be shy." Nudging her head in front, telling me to join in on Camile and Aaliya's conversation. I shook my head worriedly and combed my hair with my fingers. "It's okay."

"How are you gonna know if she likes you back then?"

At that my eyes widened and my throat grew dry, "I don't really like her..." I said being truthful.  She was an undeniably gorgeous girl and I liked her personality alot, but I was the sort of guy that found it hard to picture himself with a girl who wasn't interested in him.

"It's  more of just a crush I guess," I admitted,  blushing.

Camile's POV

When we got to the dock everyone sat their things down on the beach and gott up onto the long strip that lead into the lake. Cole had a running start into the clear blue waters, followed by Callie,  Amy, Shawn then Aaliya and I. I swam races with Amy and Cole,  and splashed Callie for a bit but it seemed most attention went to Shawn and Callie which made it uncomfortable for me. If he would speak suddenly he and Amy were joking back and forth in the water and I floated around them like there was some type of force field surrounding the circle they'd formed.  I'm not sure if it was my YouTube career or the way I was treated at school that made me so used to being noticed and well liked,  or even a combination of the two, but it seemed to shatter my self esteem,  sharing attention with my titan blonde cousin.

Her and Shawn giggled as they conversed on the other end of tne dock. I took a seat in the grass beside Callie who was tellig me about something funny Cole told her but I was too busy glaring at Shawn and Amy to listen attentively

Shawn's POV

"What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"She's been looking at you this whole time  and you guys haven't said a word!" Amy whispered raising her voice as much as she could.

"I don't know what to do!"

I never really thougt I'd be thay way. About a girl that is. I was normally the guy all of my friends would look to for advice on girls since they always seemed to want my attention.  But Camile was the type of girl, unfamiliar to me. "Sit with her at the bonfire tonight, okay?" she said trying to help me out. I honestly appreciated how much Amy was trying to help me. She was a beautiful girl believe me, but not my type. Her cousin on the other hand was the kind girl that made your heart skip a beat.

After a while longer in the water we all walked back down along the beach and headed to our cabins,  having dinner and getting ready to come back out at night for the first bonfire of the summer.