Old Habits

(( I'm surprised everyone doesn't completely hate me after the last chapter. Lmao...))

It seemed as though the world had stopped spinning and time had stopped ticking. Keith's heart stunted as he sat there with tears racing from his eyes and a whimper coming from his throat. That name, that face, that same fear he'd felt for over a year. Lotor was back, and he had free range. If he was out, that meant he probably was looking for Lance and him... and even worse... the babies. Was it possible that he'd heard about them through the grapevine? Keith prayed not.

He tried to keep his volume to a minimum as not to disturb Kai, who was busy drinking from a bottle in his arms.

Lance looked over at Keith with an almost indistinguishable gaze. It was as devastated as it was furious as it was terrified. Things were definitely messy when even Keith couldn't tell how Lance was feeling.

Shiro went to the other room to call Adam. He wasn't taking any chances now that he had an omega.

" Adam, hey. Can you pack a bag? I'd feel better if you stayed with me for a while." Shiro told him once he heard someone pick up from the other end. Adam's confusion could be sensed through the phone.

" Okay...? Is everything alright?" He asked, already getting up to go to his room and do that. Shiro wouldn't have been asking him to do something like that if there wasn't a serious situation at hand.

" I'll explain everything when you get here. There's just something- uh... I would just be less tense if you could be here with me..." Shiro stammered.

" I'll be right there." Adam responded affectionately, knowing that he might have to give Shiro a pep talk from the sound of his voice. He wondered if maybe he'd have to cuddle him and get more sensual. Shiro wasn't really the most dominant or controlling alpha ever, but he definitely enjoyed cuddles when he could get them.

" Thank you..." Shiro said in a stressed tone.

Adam smiled just thinking about how he'd get to hug Shiro when he got there.

" Keith..." Lance said, scooting closer to his omega. Keith sniffled a bit, and Lance let him lean into his neck and cry a bit. They both continued feeding the twins even through all of it, but Lance was more focused on Keith.

" Not again... I can't..." Keith whispered and his voice cracked a bit.

" I won't let him get you. He's not getting near you, he's not going to touch our family." Lance told him in a deep, assertive voice. His inner alpha was beginning to make an appearance, having been drawn out by the news broadcast.

" I'm not worried about me..." Keith murmured. " What about you?" He asked in a hopeless tone of voice. There was nothing that anyone could say that could make Keith feel better about the situation. Lotor had hired people to kill Lance, harass them, and who even knew what else. The threat was real, and there was nobody who could help besides they themselves and maybe their family. The cops were dipshits, and weren't going to be of much help. If they couldn't even track Lotor down, they would most definitely be too late if Lotor found them.

" Nothing about me, Keith. I'll protect them, and you, and..." Lance trailed off while clenching his teeth. He got a feeling that he hadn't felt since Keith's coma. It was almost like his wrists were tingling as he got a dreadful, forbidden urge.

" And?" Keith sniffled. Lance didn't answer as he snuggled by Keith. There was nothing in the world that could make him resort to that again, or so he tried to convince himself.

" Just know that I won't let anything happen to my family." Lance assured him, and Keith felt some not so subtle uneasiness in his voice. It would've been stupid to ask what was wrong in that moment, but Keith got a strange feeling. His bonding mark tingled, and his whole body seemed to be overcome with this tense fog.