Announcement

PLEASE READ THIS!

*makes a grand entrance by throwing a smoke bomb*

Hey, everyone! I'm Soki, and welcome to my second book. Be prepared for just about anything. BUT READ MY FIRST BOOK IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE THAT! Please, I don't want everyone stumbling in here and having no clue what's happening, so make sure that you're reading in the right order, thanks! <3

On my last book, I got pretty annoyed when people had no clue what an Omegaverse was and were commenting the wrong things on my story. Sorry if that sounds rude or salty but... I was pretty peeved that I didn't have time to correct everyone. I am aware that every author has a different way that they write this type of story, but I would like to clear everything up right now. Consider this my ultimate guide to Omegaverse, and pretty much my rule book. So if there's ever any confusion, refer back to this, and hopefully it will answer whatever question you may or may not have. It's kind of an informal spew of information, so bare with me.

...
One question I'm answering right off the bat, YES MALE OMEGAS CAN GET PREGNANT! I had that question so many times on the last book! And so many people were trying to say that 'guys can't get pregnant', so let me say it again. Yes they can yes they can yes they cannn! Only if they're omegas, though.

Now, onto the rest of this messy rant/explanation.

Omegaverse, at least in the way I've written it, is sort of like a hierarchy. People have equal rights by law, but often times, alphas try to act like they're better than omegas. It's almost like gender equality, and the whole world is just used to it. (But I don't like that, and that's why I've always had Keith fight it.)

Now some definitions (kind of...? not really)-

Omegas- Can be born male or female-but obviously they can also choose to identify themselves differently just like any other gender.

This gender has the most estrogen in their hormone balance, and can become pregnant. Female omegas are more likely to get pregnant at really any time, but the males are way more fertile during heats. Male omegas are more rare than female omegas, and are one of the least common genders. They typically have a very sweet scent that draws alphas in.

Omegas tend to be very submissive, and devote themselves to their alphas. They have instincts, and typically, omegas have an overwhelming urge to please and satisfy their alpha.

Omegas can be bitten/claimed by an alpha, and therefore soul bonded. There is speculation from story to story about what soul bonding does. But this is how I write it: It's a very intense mark that is placed over an omega's scent gland in their neck. Some alphas ask permission to do this, but the more mean and jerky ones can bond an omega against their will. Basically the mark ties them both together emotionally, and creates a physical need for the other. It amplifies feelings that an omega/alpha feel for each other. If they get separated for whatever reason, they get anxiety and can even get sick. If they don't mate when the alpha has a rut, or when the omega has a heat, they can have withdrawal symptoms and end up very ill as well. (I'll get more into heats and ruts in a bit)

Omegas rarely pair up with other omegas. Their instincts are just too strong to be with someone who can't satisfy them.

Just another bit of information: male omegas, due to their lack of testosterone, often don't have the most impressive things in between their legs. A lot of them are self conscious and feel less than adequate compared to their partners. Some alphas can bully omegas for this, as well as other things and that's a really shitty problem they have to put up with. It's part of the reason omegas don't typically do sports, because they get bullied out of them.