Eager

(( I'm sorry that this update is somewhat late. I've been dealing with a lot of personal stuff, and it's been taking a toll on me emotionally. But thankfully I have a strong S/O who got me through it and helped me. Thank you for understanding, Loves. Remember that things can always get better.))

Keith had been laying around a lot. It normally wasn't like him at all to be lethargic and lazy, but the twins had changed everything. He often couldn't find the motivation to roll over in bed, let alone to get up, get dressed, and function like a normal member of society.

Lance was understanding of this, and though he missed the old Keith a great deal, he knew that he had to be there for him. They were in the home stretch, and the twins would soon arrive into the world.

It was Thanksgiving, meaning that it was a time to be grateful. Lance wanted to focus on the positives, and for everything in life that he was thankful for. Keith was one of those things, lazy or not.

" Princess~" Lance chirped while coming into Keith's bedroom. He'd had Shiro babysit the house with Krolia while he ran a couple errands in town. Though it pained his inner alpha and triggered his instincts to not be at Keith's side every second, Lance pushed through it. He ultimately knew that Keith would've been pissed if he was glued on him all the time.

Keith growled a bit once he was broken from his slumber. Lance could've sworn that the omega made a tiny 'grrr' noise at him, but that didn't deter him from coming in. It was almost eleven, and that meant that they'd have to get going soon enough. Their day was planned out ahead of time. Lance's family's gathering was first, then came Shiro's. They would have to get moving soon if they wanted any time at all to visit with Lance's family before the meal.

Lance set down the coffee he'd picked up from Starbucks for Keith. He'd figured that it might provide Keith with some incentive to roll out of bed.

" Come on, Mr. Grumpy Pants..." Lance chuckled, leaning over the bed to press a kiss to the smaller boy's forehead.

Keith's eyebrows furrowed as he opened his eyes and dirty looked the ceiling of his room.

Lance smiled at him a bit and lovingly kissed his cheek.

" Sorry... I know you're tired." The alpha said. " But I got you some coffee." He added with a happy glimmer in his eyes.

" What kind?" Keith sat up a bit, rubbing his eyes. Once he was at least upright, he yawned and pulled the covers closer to himself.

" Peppermint mocha." Lance told him.

Keith was immediately interested. Lance held off on giving it to him.

" On one condition." Lance said.

Keith groaned.

" And what might that be?" He asked sarcastically. Keith might've been exhausted, but his sass came so easy to him that he didn't even need to be fully awake to utilize it.

" You have to get up, shower, and come have a great day with me." Lance snickered.

" Is this bribery?" Keith yawned yet again. " Fine... just give me some caffeine." He motioned toward himself.

" Great." Lance handed the coffee over and sat next to Keith. He hugged him from the side and nuzzled next to his cheek, showing enough affection to make even the Grinch optimistic. Keith found himself being sucked in, but then he felt Lance's skin and jumped back a bit.

" You're freezing!" Keith exclaimed.

" Well yeah. I was outside." Lance chuckled. " It's cold out there. I think it's supposed to snow later." He told Keith while smiling and looking forward to it. Lance had always loved snow, the way it crunched beneath his feet and the stray snowflakes that landed in his hair or on his jacket. He loved the holiday season that was kickstarted by Thanksgiving.