My Own Romeo (Kagami X Reader)

In a few days, prom was coming and [Y/N] didn't have a date.

Obviously Kagami was your first pick, but you waited for him to ask you. How you would love to ask him, but being shy and having a crush on him kept you from trying.

Passing by the gym, you peeked in and saw Kuroko and Kagami practicing one-on-one in a match. Even playing basketball, he looked attractive to you.

Believe it or not, you have chatted with him before. Kuroko and you are friends, so generally he introduced you to him and had you chat.

Let's just say they were really short ones.

"Hi [Y/N]."

"YAH!--Kuroko you scared me!" you face the blue boy behind you.

"I apologize. I just happened to seeing you watch Kagami playing," he points towards him. "I know you like---"

Clamping your hand over his mouth, you hush him.

"Kuroko that's a secret!" you hiss. "You promised to keep it between us."

"I am only trying to help," he removes your hand. "Besides, we did talk about prom coming up."

"Oh...yeah," you cast your head downward, not noticing Kagami walking over to you.

"Hey Y/N]," he spins the ball on his finger. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh nothing," you wave. "Just visiting to see how practice is going."

"Practice is just fine," he grins. "I've been practicing my slam dunks. Want to see?"

Inside you desperately wanted to fangirl and squeal so bad, but you decided to play it off.

"Sure," you reply, attempting to sound cool.

Grinning widely, he runs towards the court and prepares to make his shot.

"You know he wants to show off right?" Kuroko looks at you. "He always does this to impress. Especially for girls he likes."

"Ah...pffft...he probably does that for any girl," you laugh off.

"Suit yourself," he shrugs, facing Kagami.

Kagami soon runs across the court with the swiftness of a cat and jumps in the air.

"Go! Make the shot!" [Y/N] cheers.

A small smile shows on Kuroko's lips. He was happy you were cheering on your crush.

"Okay [Y/N]!!!!! Yaaahhh..."

//He is so extra I swear😂//

BAM!

Kagami's face slams into the backboard and he falls onto the ground.

Crashing on his back, he groans from the pain and winces.

"Taiga!" [Y/N] runs over to his side and bends down. "We need to get you to the nurse!"

Joining you, Kuroko helps lift him up with your help.

Slinging his arm around your shoulder, you could have sworn you saw a spread of red on his cheeks. Even you were flustered. But despite this, you all head to the nurse's office.

Arriving, you and Kuroko sit him on the bed and wait for the nurse to come.

"Where is she?" [Y/N] huffs, tapping her fingers on the table.

"I will go look for her," Kuroko volunteers.

"Wait!---Nevermind," you sigh at his quick disappearance.