CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Letting Go

• Dedicated to Rubaiyat Quader

~Mei's POV~

I wake up and find myself in the hotel room. I was sleeping on the bed but where was Haruto sleeping? I lifted my head from the pillow and scanned the room. He was sleeping on the couch with half of his body suspended in the air. He didn't even have a blanket to keep himself warm. I dragged myself out of bed and put my blanket over his body. His expression when he sleeps...it's kinda cute. I chuckled to myself.

I walked over to my luggage and dug into my carry on, trying to find cute clothes to wear. I pull a black blazer, a shear cheetah print tank top, coral scarf, denim shorts and lastly, light brown closed toe wedges out of the bag. I rushed to the washroom and hopped into the bath tub for a shower. I felt kind of icky from being in the hospital. I mean for a few days I was knocked out and didn't take a shower!

I took about a twenty minute shower and brushed my teeth. There! Clean and fresh. I changed into the clothes I picked out. I put a bit of powder, mascara and my favorite coral lip gloss on. Finally I did my hair. I blow dry it a little and straighten it. Hmm, I don't really want to do to much with my hair. So I just take a small section of my hair from the front, braid it and pinned it to the side.

I walked out of the washroom and see Haruto looking at me. He stares at me, jaw wide open. Do I look bad? I thought I did a pretty impressive job today!

"Good Morning Haruto-kun." I said with a smile. "Good morning. It's been a while I've seen that smile of yours. It's nice to see in the morning." He smiled, a wide smile with those pearly whites. "Thank you! Now c'mon! Get ready! They say French cafés are the best so wanna go there for breakfast! Hurry! Hurry!" I ushered him to the washroom.

"Okay, okay! I'm gonna go take a shower. Do me a favour and pick out my clothes." What??? Me...picking out his clothes? "W-why?!" I stuttered. "C'mon! I let you sleep on the bed." As he said, raising his eyebrows. Aishhh there are two beds in the room, he could've slept in the other one! Oh wait...I kinda broke the bed when I jumped on it a lot on that day. Fine! I'll get your clothes ready!"

This is a weird feeling but... it's felt like we are a married couple... AH WHAT THE HECK? Mei, you need to stop over thinking things! He gave you instructions so just follow them. I opened his luggage and look for something that would look nice. Each and every clothing item or accessory he had in there was a name brand. Many of them were American brands... Dayum , he's got style! I can't choose which one he should wear. They are all looked so fancy! But in the end, I decided pull out a white, loose button down shirt, cream white skinny jeans, his black & gold Gucci watch and his black Toms to finish the look.

Only a few minutes later, he gets out of the shower with wet hair and a towel around his waist. At first, I was looking at his face. Then my eyes trailed down to his chest...those rock hard abs. Whoa! The guy has a freaking six-pack!!

"Why are you staring at me like that? Are you overwhelmed by my sexy body?" He smirked. "N-no! What are you even talking about?! Here just take your stupid clothes!" I said, covering my eyes with one hand while giving him his clothes with the other. "You're such a little child. Stop covering your eyes and just grow up." He chuckles. That idiot! I didn't mean it like that! Argh. "I'm not a little child! I-if I looked, you're going to think that I like looking at your body!" I babbled. "Okay, I get it. Chill!" He laughs while heading back to the washroom.

Oh, I almost forgot! I need to get my bag...I haven't touched it since that first day. I quickly dug through it to see if everything is in place. Phone, check. Money, check. Passport, check. Phew! I checked my phone and my inbox was full. There were also 104 missed calls from my parents and Akiko-chan so I quickly sent them a short message, assuring them that I was fine.

"Okay, I'm ready Mei-chan. Let's go." He said. "Um, yah." I replied, stuffing my phone in my bag. "Is everything alright Mei-chan?" "Ya, don't worry about it." I said, smiling. "Then lets get going! I'm starving!"