CHAPTER THREE: Feelings That Burn

*Bell Rings*

Finally, I can leave that class! I can't stand being near that guy. He's just intolerable! What if my grades go down? No. That stupid troll! Calm down Mei. You don't want to ruin your perfect image, that ugly child humiliated you enough. Remember, you're the class president, you shouldn't care about this stuff. You need to stay strong and you can't break down or else everyone will think you're weak.

I walked down the hallway to the washroom. I turned on the tap and splashed some cold water on my face to stay cool. I take a deep breathe. Okay Kyoko Mei. You got this! Fighting!

Just as I was about to leave, I hear a little sob coming from one of the stalls. Someone, crying? Maybe it's one of the freshmen! I walk towards the stall and knock on the door.

"Excuse me, is everything okay? Come out please. I know it's your first day and all but come on, sobbing in a stall for the rest of the year isn't going to-"

"Mei-chan, it's me. How could you mistake me for a freshmen?" A hoarse voice said, along with a chuckle. It sounded so familiar...

"Mashiro-chan? It's you? Are you okay? You missed the whole first period and-"

Mashiro-chan opened the stall and let's just say I didn't see Mashiro-chan. No, I saw a crying wreck with damp, messy hair and mascara all over her face. It was so scary, I thought it was Halloween for a moment!

"I'm okay, I just felt sick. Maybe it's the flu or food poisoning or something like that."

Sick? But she was fine earlier. Well she really did seem sick in some way, whether it was mentally or physically.

"Do you by chance need anything? Like maybe a phone call home, a towel or some tissue?" I asked politely despite wanting to strangle her for leaving me.

"Ohh yeah, a phone call would be nice. Maybe I should just go home and sleep it off for the rest of the day. Is that fine with you?"

I wanted to scream at her and complain to her how much I need her to stay with me. She left me hanging all of today! When I needed her the most, she vanishes into thin air. She always stuck by my side before, why do I feel like things are beginning to change?

"You can go, go home and rest. You need it." I choked. Maybe I'm getting to worried about our friendship getting broken, she probably needs some space...right?

"Thanks Mei-chan. I knew you would understand!" She hugged me and then quickly scurried away. Pft, sick? That hug didn't seem like she was sick. It felt like the killer ones she always gave me.

*Next Day*

I get my books and hurry to drama class. I had to come up with an excuse for why Mashiro-chan was skipping class but I didn't understand why she wanted me to tell the teacher privately? It's not like her hormones were acting up or anything.

I rush into class in time and take my seat. The teacher enters the room. Here I go.

"Everyone please stand up and greet the teacher."

Everyone stood up and greeted her with a bored and drained tone. Like seriously, why am I the only one smiling?!

Well obviously the troll is sitting beside me giving me that death stare. C'mon, what's bothering him now?

"How fake can you get? One moment, you're crying your eyes out and playing dumb. Now you look like a puppet with a smile sewn onto your face and you can't change it into a frown! It pisses me off!" He said with a fatigue voice.

"Who was talking to you troll face? Is there a problem with having more than one emotion other than yours which is as cold as ice. You only have one expression on your face which is as ugly as-"

"Huh, looks like I need to grab you a tissue. The shit in your mouth seems to be leaking out." Ugh!! Why does he always leave me speechless?!

"Don't you have the slightest emotion? You're not even capable of saying sorry? What the hell did your mother teach you?! To be disrespectful to the people around you?"

The people around us in the class including the teacher, seemed to be interested in our fight. Everyone was quiet now except for us two. I didn't care though, I needed my answer. Why is he like this?

"Who is left to teach me respect? How can I talk to my mom when she to far among the stars in the sky..." His words. They lingered in my mind as it took me a while to understand that. His mother died. Why did I say that? Why did I make him remember?

"I-I'm so-" Before I could finish my sentence, he kicks the chair back and walks out of the class room.

I make my way through the students. I have to apologize to him. I don't care what he said to me, I just have to!

"Wait! Yamato-kun! Please stop" I kept yelling his name like some weirdo stalker but he doesn't turn back.

So I sped up. Just a little more, I'm almost near him. He turns around and I try to stop myself from slamming into his rock hard body. Mmm...he was warm...I could pick up the smell of colonge clinging to his body. Wait a minute. What. Am. I. Doing?

I quickly take a step back as I trip over my shoe but before I fall, he grabs me tightly.

"Uh thank you. I'm really sorry about what I said about your mo-" But he interupts my sentence before I can finish again.

"Leave me alone. You've been a nusince ever since I stepped foot into this school. It's about time...that you leave me alone." He grips onto my hand, tighter and tighter.

"Let go, it hurts!" I yelped. He looks down at his hand and finally lets go. He then stares into my eyes and walks away.

My heart begins to crumble. I-I won't give up. I have to talk to him. I have to understand him, there must be something wrong. I look down at my hand and noticed a mark where he held my hand tightly.

A tear drop falls onto my bright red skin...it burns.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Mashiro in the media section.

What do you think is going to happen next? What are your thoughts on what's happening so far? Leave a comment about your predictions before reading the next chapter :)