CHAPTER ONE: Bitter First Impression (Editing)

This story is written by two girls, Fatheha (writer who came up with this story) and me, Michelle (co-writer and editor.) This is out first story ever so without further adieu, enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My heart beats faster every second as I walk across the room. The warm atmosphere suddenly changes as the air becomes frigid but I know I can do this. I must tell him how I feel, no matter what the consequences are. He is my first love after all, the Romeo to my Juliet. He was the one who kept me standing strong on my feet when everyone else pushed me down. It was he who inspired me to chase after my dreams.

"Um...Haruto-kun..." My voice wavers. In the back of my head, there's a voice. The voice that is telling me to stop, to just run away before the humiliation starts. But yet, I hand over the letter as my body trembled. I don't give a damn about that voice...or do I?

"What's this?" He replies with a daunting voice. He was phlegmatic, staring into my soul with those daggers that he calls eyes. Everyone begins to crowd around us.

I felt like snatching the letter from him and shredding it into pieces. Like running away from this callous world while screaming and crying  until the weight on my shoulders disappears.

"Is she confessing to him?" 

"What is she thinking? She's such a loser." 

"She has no chance." 

The whispers and laughter grew louder, mocking my very existence  until it became unbearable.

I...I can't do this anymore. I succumbed to the ridicule and did the only thing to keep the remains of my dignity in tact, I ran. I keep running and running until I finally escaped from the sight of that demonic creature.

That day, I left everything behind. The old Mei who had the mentality of an innocent six year old.

Family and education, hopes and dreams. Those are the things that matter in life and I promised, I wouldn't ever do something like that again. I would never fall for the devil's little games.

I will never fall in love again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mei! Hurry up! You're going to be late for school! Today's the entrance ceremony for the freshmen remember?!" Mom said with a sweet voice and a smile, one of those genuine smiles showing teeth.

She may seem like a nice and just perfect mom to most people but that's just her masking the anger. Once you get under her skin, she unleashes that anger and goes full out rage mode. You just have to try taking off the mask.

And I was so not in the mood to piss her off today, especially since today is the first day.

Still, I had to take a quick glance at my watch to make sure that Mom wasn't just messing with me. And oh boy, she wasn't. Crap! Three minutes 'til the train leaves! I rush down the stairs, my bag in one hand and my opening ceremony speech in the other.

In the kitchen, I snatch the remaining piece of toast with my mouth while running out the door and trying to memorize the speech. Mmmmm my mom's toast is just amazing. The tangy marmalade sat perfectly on the golden brown side, balancing the sugary flavors of the sweetened condensed milk. Oh god, this was just heavenly but I had no time to savor the harmonious flavors. So I jammed the other half of the toast into my mouth and in the process, I looked like a squirrel right before hibernation.

"Honey, don't forget your lunch!" Mom sung, sweetly from the living room without making any eye contact.

Aish...she's still watching that show. Keeping Up with the Radishes? Car dishes? Or whatever that show was called. Moms these days. Hmph.