Chapter Five: She is What?

Start from the beginning

"Good morning." I smile at her. She jumps a little and looks up at me.

"Hey," she whispers. She clears her throat. "I, um, need to-" she looks from my face down to my torso and back up. "-talk to, uh, you." She looks to her left a little at the end. What is she being all squirrely?

Tyler starts squirming and smacks me on my chest, my bare chest. I get it now. I am standing if front of her without a shirt on. Am I blushing now? Willy starts to chuckle a little.

"Um, sure." I open the door for her to enter. "I just need to do something really quick."

She nods and steps inside. I shut the door behind her.

"I will be right back," I say. "But you can wait in there." I point to the living room.

She once again nods her head and walks into the room. I turn away quickly and run up the stairs and to my room.

I rush through door and fling open the dresser drawer. I pull out a plain white T-shirt and throw it on before exiting my room.

"Logi," I hear a soft, tired voice call.

I turn to Mikena. "Hey Squirt," I say happily while also trying to not sound inpatient.

"Can I have some cereal?" She rubs her eyes to try and wipe the sleep away.

"Um," Oh, I can't say "no" to her. "Okay." I pick her up for the sake of speed and head down the stairs. I drop Mikena and Tyler off in the kitchen. I walk into the living room quickly. "Hey, um, Amanda," She turns to look at me. "Do you want anything to drink?" She shakes her head and mutters a "no". "Okay, I'll be right back. Gotta help my sister with cereal."

I slip into the kitchen quickly and pull out a bowl. I pour Fruit Loops in the bowl and pull the milk out of the fridge. I grab a spoon and hand off the bowl to Mikena before stowing everything back where I got them. I gather Tyler back in my arms and once again slip into the living room.

"Hey, um do you mind talk on the porch?" I ask Amanda. "Mikena will most likely come in here to watch TV, and she can ask a lot of questions."

"Sure, but-" she drags out for a second "-who is Mikena?"

"Oh sorry, she is my little sister. She's five so she at the curious stage."

She chuckles lightly. It's such a beautiful sound.

Stop that!

No, don't. It's a good thing. Willy grins.

"That explains something." Amanda's voice pulls me away from replying to Willy. "I was wondering why Shelby needed help getting cereal."

"Oh!" I chuckle with her. "I didn't even think about that."

"I also thought it weird that 'The Queen' would be up right now."

"'The Queen'?" I ask her.

Why is she calling Shelby that? She is the real Queen. Willy questions.

I shush him is I can hear what Amanda has to say.

She blushes a little and looks down. "Yeah, um, it's how she is at... school." She drags out the "school".

I laugh lightly. "I'm not mad if you say that. I know she is like that."

Mikena bounces in the room. "Hey Logi, hey Ty." She hugs my leg before looking up and seeing Amanda. "Who's that?"

"Um," I look between my sister and my mate, um, my, no Amanda. "This is a girl from school, Amanda." I tell Mikena. "Amanda, this is Mikena." I gestured to them in turn.