The Truth

A/N And here's where the fun begins :) Comment & Vote! [Song: Forever by Papa Roach]

Aurium (POV)

My eyes flutter open and I look over at the alarm clock on Zane's nightstand. It's only two in the morning. I hear a sound from the hall and I sit up instantly.

It sounds like the pitter patter of little feet on the hardwood floor. So I get up out of the bed and go to the door, opening it to peak out into the hallway. I look around and don't see anything at first. So I walk out into the hall and begin to walk towards the kitchen.

I turn the corner and stop when I see Chloe standing by the entrance to the kitchen. She is yawning and stretching when I walk up behind her, reach around, and poke her in the tummy. She giggles and then looks up at me.

“Awie! That tickles!” She giggles some more and I chuckle at how she pronounces my name.

“What are you doing out of bed Ms. Chloe?” I squat down so I am on here level.

“Bad dweam.” Chloe rubs her arm and gives me a pitiful look.

I scoop her up in my arms and kiss her on the nose, “Should we go wake Zane up?”

“Me sweep with Zane?” Chloe questions with an adorable look on her face.

“If you want too.” I shrug and smile at her.

“Otay!” Chloe jumps up while in my arms and I carry her into the living room.

I let her go and she runs over to the couch and jumps on top of Zane. She bounces on him like he is a trampoline and his eyes fly open. When he notices that it's Chloe a soft smile spreads across his face. He sits up and puts her in his lap.

“Why are you awake Chloe?” Zane asks in a groggy tone.

“Bad dweam.” Chloe nods and then places a kiss on Zane's cheek “Can I sweep with you?”

Zane smiles brightly and chuckles to himself “Sure, the broom is over there.” Zane jokes and I laugh but Chloe doesn't get the joke. Zane clears his throat “Yeah, you can sleep with me small fry.”

Chloe lays down and Zane does the same. I smile at the two of them and turn to walk back to Zane's room when Chloe calls out, “No Awie! You come sweep too!”

“I don't know honey, that doesn't sound like such a good idea.” I reply hesitantly.

“Pwease!” Chloe begs and Zane just tilts his head and gives me the puppy dog look.

“Fine.” I finally give in and walk over to the couch.

I pick Chloe up and set her on the floor for a second. I tuck myself into Zane and then pat the couch telling Chloe to crawl up with us. Once all three of us are on the couch I lay my arm over Chloe and Zane lays his arm over both Chloe and I.

We are all asleep within minutes.

Zane (POV)

The smell of vanilla and lavender fills my nose as begin to become conscious. I use my fingers to feel what is in my face and I come into contact with Aurium's silky hair. I pull her tighter into me and continue to enjoy the smell of her hair. Not wanting to open my eyes.

I can feel her beginning to stir in my arms. Reluctantly I open my eyes to see Kristina and Chloe sitting at the bar eating grapes. Kristina looks over at me and smiles. I smile back. Enjoying the feeling of having Aurium in my arms.

Aurium rolls over and is facing me. She is still asleep. My gaze goes from Kristina and Chloe straight to Aurium. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps.