fifty nine.

taehyung's pov

it was the fourteenth of december when i saw jungkook again.

it was nearly winter, i had a thick coat on with gloves covering my fingers. in my hands i held a bouquet of roses.

i had decided to visit the cemetery to leave some flowers for jungkook's mother.

i missed her most these days. perhaps it was how depressed and lonely the weather made me feel.

i was miserable to say the least. two months wasn't nearly enough time to get over someone like him.

needless to say, i stood frozen in my step when i saw him, crouched down by her headstone.

i didn't know if it was right to approach him or walk away. my head was telling me that it was best to come back another time but my heart.

my heart was screaming at me to go to him.

i clutched the roses tighter in my hand as i made my decision.

with every step i took, my thighs shook lightly, anxiety crawling to the surface. it was when i was right behind him that he finally stood up and turned around.

when he saw who i was, he tried to step to the side and walk away but this time i was quicker.

i don't know what demon possessed me to do what i did. it was almost like an impulse. it felt natural, as if nothing had happened in the past few months.

i hugged him.