Epilogue

Fifteen Years Later

"Dylan Rose, I swear." Kendra threatened, tired of the five year old's antics.

"Mommy." Dylan whined, turning around and running back into her mom's arms.

"Hey baby girl." Kendra laughed.

Kendra and her 5-year-old daughter had made the drive from Seattle to visit Kendra's dads.

Kendra had told her husband to stay home that she would be fine and he shouldn't take off work, but how spazzy Dylan was being, she wished he had come.

"Go knock on the door." Kendra kissed her daughter's temple, before Dylan wiggled out of her arms, and ran up the walkway.

Dylan knocked on the door the only way a 5 year old could, rang the doorbell, then knocked until the door was opened.

"Dylan!" Shane picked up his grand daughter, and tossed her in the air.

"Grampa!" The child shrieked, and was put down to run and find her Grandad and uncle.

When Kendra was 15, Ryland and Shane had adopted a 5 year old, he was now 17.

"Hey dad." Kendra accepted her dads hug, and leaned into his shoulder, still finding the most comfort in his hugs.

"Hey, Ken." Shane kissed his daughters forehead. "Everytime I see her I feel so old." Shane laughed, and they watched as Dylan was already dragging her uncle Luke around the house.

"Dyl, I live here I know." Luke laughed, and picked her up and tossed her on the couch in one motion. "Lemme talk to your mom for a second, I'll be right back." He promised.

"Hey Lukey." Kendra hugged her brother. "You are so much taller than me it's gross." Kendra laughed.

"Rude." Luke replied, lightly smacking his sister.

"How's senior year going?" She asked.

"Good, easier than I thought." Luke laughed.

"Hey Luke, do you and your darling niece wanna get our stuff out of the car?" Luke rolled his eyes, but took his sisters keys, and called for Dylan to follow him.

"Where's Josh?" Shane asked, once the two were alone.

"I told him not to take off work that we would be fine. Regretted that the whole car ride." She laughed.

"Is Dylan bad?"

Kendra shook her head. "She's just doing what kids do. Luke was so much less energetic at the same age."

"Ugh you make me feel old."

Ryland ran down the hallway to see his daughter, he had just gotten out of the shower.

"Kendra! Hey baby, how was the drive. Did you guys have lunch yet? Does Dylan need anything?" Ryland hugged his daughter, kissing her temple.

"We're fine dad." Kendra laughed. "Dylan is with Luke getting our bags."

"I just get so worried about you and Dylan, I can buy you plane tickets you don't have to drive that far with her."

Kendra shook her head. "I don't wanna do a plane with her yet. At least in the car I can stop as needed."

"Yeah, but if you needed us your'e so far away." Ryland pouted, sliding onto the couch next to his husband.

"You can come visit whenever you want." Kendra offered, sitting next to them.

"How's Dylan doing?" Ryland asked when he was done fussing over his daughter. "Do you like Seattle, when are you moving home." Maybe not completely done.

Kendra had lived in LA for the first couple years of Dylan's life, until her husband had a job offer.

"I love you two, but I am never moving home." Kendra laughed, taking in the familiar surroundings. "Dylan starts kindergarten next school year. So I have no idea what I'm going to do with my time."

"We're gonna be in the same position when Luke leaves." Shane said. "At least when you left we still had Luke." Kendra tossed a pillow at him.

"Rude." She scoffed, as Luke and Dylan bolted through the front door, clearly racing. "Luke! Careful she's five." Kendra scooped up her daughter in her arms, hugging her tight.

"She was fine." Luke defended himself. "Let the child live a little. Hey Dylan guess what."

"What." Dylan was now unimpressed with her moms hugs and kisses, and wanted to hear whatever her uncle Luke had to say.

"One time, when I was like 12, me and your mom got into a fight, and we were pushing each other on the stairs and I broke her hand." Luke laughed at the story.

"Dylan!" Kendra turned her daughter to look her in the face, "If you have a sibling you are never allowed to fight got it." The girl burst into giggles, causing everyone else to as well.

"Dylan why don't you take a nap." Ryland suggested, and his granddaughter jumped into his arms.

"I don't wanna." She whined.

"Come on, we can watch a show and we can lay in my bed, not moms. Let's give your momma a break." Ryland convinced her, and Kendra mouthed a thank you as he carried her upstairs.

Kendra slid into Ryland's spot as he left, falling into her dad's embrace.

Though she had scolded Luke for telling that one story in particular, she knew all the memories the house held.

Ryland and her had sat at the same table when Dylan was just a baby, and told her Uno had died.

Ryland and Shane had run up the same stairs when they heard Kendra scream, that was the day she found out she was pregnant.

The fireplace was the backround of a majority of her prom photos, and she had ended up marrying the man who had been her date that night.

"Hey, dad?" Kendra said, when Luke had finally left the room.

"Yeah, baby?" Shane answered, looking down at her.

"No matter how much I fall in love with Seattle, this will always be home."

"I'm glad." Shane kissed the top of her head. "I love you."

"Love you too, dad."