Kendra (Part 30)

TWO WEEKS LATER

"Kendra?" Shane's voice called from behind my closed door as I scrolled Twitter.

"Yes." I answered, putting my phone down.

"Can I come in?" I shrugged, even though he couldn't see me.

"Your house."

"Ken." He sighed, and came in. "Are you gonna stay mad at me forever?"

"No." I said simply, looking down to avoid eye contact.

"Hey, look at me." He sat on my bed, but didn't touch me.

"Where's Ryland." I looked up eventually.

"Downstairs." Shane sighed, but didn't say anything when I walked out of the room.

I walked down the stairs gently, sitting next to Ryland on the couch.

"Hey, Ken." He turned towards me and set his phone down. "What's wrong."

I shrugged. "It's nothing."

He gave me a knowing look, but didn't press, and went back to watching whatever was on the tv screen. Ryland wrapped an arm around me, forcing me to lean on his shoulder.

"You have to talk to Shane at some point." Ryland broke the silence, and I ducked from under his arm so I was sitting up.

"I don't want to." I wrapped my arms around myself, suddenly feeling cold.

"Babe, before all this happened you were so much closer to Shane. And it's not that I don't love you and don't want you close to me, but Shane misses you." I grabbed the blanket next to me, pulling it over my head. "He's still your dad." Ryland tried the word, and trailed off.

"I know." I cuddled into Ryland again. "But what if he had hurt us? Or if he does it again?"

"If he does it again I give you full permission to be angry at him as long as you want. Cause I'm gonna pissed at him if he does." Ryland laughed, which caused me to giggle a little bit.

"Does he hate me now? Because I haven't talked to him?" Ryland shook his head.

"Ken, you and I both know he's in your room every day trying to get you to forgive him." I nodded, and bit my lip.

"I need to go talk to him." I decided.

"Thank you." He kissed the top of my head. "I'm proud of you."

I went back up the stairs and knocked on Shane's bedroom door.

"Kendra?" He asked through the door.

"Yeah." I answered, and he opened the door.

I hugged him as soon as he opened it. "I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry over." He promised.

"No, I shouldn't have stayed mad at you."

"No." He quickly corrected me, "I completely deserved that." Shane kissed the top of my head. "I'm so sorry Ken."

"It's okay." I pulled out of the hug, and fixed my hair.

"Do you wanna go get something to eat?" I looked down at what I was wearing, leggings and hoodie, and decided it was acceptable.

"Yeah."

We both practically ran downstairs, ignoring Rylands questions, only shouting our "we'll be back ! love you !" 's as we left.

"Let's go." I pulled out my phone and Shane was breathing heavy.

"Let me breathe, I'm old and fat." I rolled my eyes, and laughed.

We just talked. I told him about school, my favorite classes and least favorite class.

"Well English is my least favorite because I don't wanna read a book once someone tells me to." I explained, "everything else is easy. Math you just plug stuff in and history has a general story line."

He told me about how the Jake Paul videos ended up, because I didn't wanna look at the response because of how proud I was of it.

"Well, everyone seems to like it. Some people didn't like it because of course I can't win, and anything I do I either didn't expose him enough or I let him down to easy." He shrugged. "But it is what it is and we're proud of it."

I ordered fries, but they were left practically cold. When you go from talking to someone everyday to not talking for two weeks, you have to catch up on a lot.

"I don't know what videos I want to do next." I sighed. "I need to figure something out though."

"Don't worry about it too much." Shane told me. "A lot has happened, just take a break."

He fidgeted for a couple of seconds. "We were actually thinking about going to Colorado for about a week to do some stuff and Morgan was gonna come to. Do you want to?"

I nodded. "Yea, that would be fun."

"I'll call Morgan, and Ry and I will do flights when we get home." He promised.

I missed this. I missed going and getting food, and going on trips. I was happy to have Shane back, and I'm happy I'm closer to Ryland now too. Maybe everything does happen for a reason.

-

-

-

I'm so sorry for how long to update !! I've been so busy with school, and cheer, and my YouTube channel. AP Physics is hell lol