Kendra (Part 7)

ONE WEEK LATER

"Ken." Shane shook me awake, "Kendra." He dragged out the 'A' sound, and I turned over.

"What, Shane." I dragged out the 'ne' sound, copying him.

"Get dressed, Garrett's coming over and there's breakfast downstairs."

"Okay." I said, not wanting to make his day harder by taking too long to long to get ready then everyone would have to wait for me and then

"Kendra." Shane said, interrupting my thoughts. I hummed in response. "You're okay."
I couldn't figure out what to say, so I nodded, and got up.

"Can I have coffee?" I asked and he nodded.

"Ryland is downstairs making coffee. He's also vlogging today too which is something else I wanted to ask you about." He motioned me to sit. "Do you want to just show up in videos, or do you want to settle a little bit and do a more formal introduction."

"I wanna wait a little, I don't need to be like not shown though, I just don't wanna explain yet."

"Okay. Get dressed."

I put on ripped boyfriend jeans , that were light wash ish. I found a short sleeved NASA t shirt that had to sleeves cuffed, ad the bottom was tied, but not like a this shirt is too big tied, but like a they made it like this so it looks more casual kind of way. I walked in front of the vanity section, and picked up a hair brush, tying my hair into a neat ponytail, then wrapped that into a bun.I only put on a little bit of make up, I did mascara and highlight. I put on deodorant and sprayed body spray. deciding I would be done and brush my teeth, and put on lipstick when I came back up. I put on white slid on Vans and went downstairs.

"Morning, Ken." Ryland greeted, and I noticed the camera he was holding in front of him. "Your coffee is on the dining room table, I put the caramel stuff in it that you liked."

"Thank you." I smiled, and hugged him. He kissed the top of my head and I smiled to the camera.

"Did you talk to Shane?" He asked and I nodded.

"I said I didn't care, but I did't want like a formal thing right now." He nodded, then walked off, talking to his camera about something else.

I sat down at the kitchen table, and Shane slid into the seat next to me.

"Can I see your phone for a second?" I nodded, and handed it to him.

He opened the app store, and downloaded a couple of apps. Instagram and Snapchat.

"I'm gonna go ahead and make you these now so you can start to use them before we do an announcement."

I nodded, and watched him type my phone number into Instagram. "What do you want your user name to be." I shrugged, and he jokingly rolled his eyes, typing in 'kendra.dawson'.

He followed like 10 people, and told me I could do whatever else I wanted to do with it. He made the same user name on snapchat, and added himself and Ryland.

"Garrett will be here in like 10 minutes okay." I nodded and took a drink from my coffee.

I set my profile picture to a selfie of Shane, Ryland, and I sitting on the couch last night watching Friends. I decided on a lyric from a song I liked as my bio, 'she acts like summer and walks like rain.'

I got a notification that Ryland, and Shane had followed me.

There was a knock on the door, and Shane went to open it. Garrett came in and said hi to Shane and everything. I haven't met Garrett yet, so my reaction was to just be quiet and wait to see what would happen.

"Ryland, I'm hungry." Morgan came down stairs, on her phone and a blanket wrapped around her.

"Make yourself something to eat." He replied sarcastically.

"You're helpful." Shane laughed at the comment.

A knock on the door had Shane standing up and Morgan questioning who was coming over.

"Hi!" Garrett and Shane hugged when Garrett walked in.

"So this is Kendra." Shane introduced me to Garrett.

"Hey!" Garrett hugged me.

He had on jeans, a Hufflepuff t shirt, and a brown jacket.

"Your'e Hufflepuff?" I asked and he nodded smiling, "Cool, I'm Ravenclaw."

"What is happening." Shane asked, laughing,

"Shane you're child is so cool!" Garrett exclaimed, and I laughed. "Have you been to Harry Potter world?" I shook my head no, and he gasped, "Shane! You have to take her to Harry Potter world!"

"I didn't even know she liked Harry Potter until two minutes ago." Shane said, very confused.

"Shane! Do you even talk to her." Garrett pushed, and I heard Morgan come in from making her food.

"It never came up?" Shane replied in an almost questioning tone, but laughed.

The entire day was filled with laughs, and Garrett and I making Harry Potter jokes and Shane being annoyed.

This is what family is. It's not blood, it's the people that make you laugh so hard you don't think you'll breathe again, the people who hug you tight, and give you food without you asking. I felt nothing but love, at the end of the day. We all sat on the couch, my head was in Shane's lap, next to Ryland's he was laying down too, and my feet were on Garrett and Morgan. The last thing I remember before falling asleep is Shane playing with my hair, and Garrett and Morgan laughing about something. And I was so happy.