Shane (Part 32)

uhhh sappy ig 

-

-

-

So, today marks 6 months of Kendra living with us. I have so many feelings about this. I feel like she's been my kid since she was actually 6 months old, and I also feel like I've gotten to call her my daughter for a week.

I woke up, and went to Kendra's room to make sure she knew the occasion.

"Ken." I laid next to Kendra on her bed, and shook her shoulder. 

"What do you want." She answered, brushing hair out of her face. 

"Happy 6 months of you living here!" I answered, assuming she would be equally excited. 

"Mhmm." She hummed, "Later." 

I kissed her forehead as she went back to sleep, and went back to Ryland to wake him up.

"Morning babe, do you want food?" I asked as soon as he opened his eyes. 

"Yeah, do we have anything?" He picked up his own phone, and put on his glasses. 

"Well, today's six months of Ken living with us, so I was going to Postmate or drag Kendra out of bed." I answered, but unluckily for Kendra, Ryland cared way less about her sleep than I did. 

He bolted into her room, and jumped literally on top of her. 

"Oww, Ry." She whined, attempting to hit him with a pillow. 

"Get up we're getting food." He answered, grabbing the pillow, and smacking her with it. 

I wondered when my life got this good. I have a daughter and a boyfriend who I love so much. I have new family and friends  

"Shaneeeee." Kendra dragged out my name and drew me out of my thoughts. "I don't wanna get up right now." She lifted her arms like a child wanting to be picked up, and I jumped next to her on her bed.

"Kennnnn." I imitated, and she made a face at me. "I won't make you get up right now, but we're getting dinner or lunch later." 

"I'm kinda tired." She cuddled into my side. "I just wanna sleep today." 

"At least come sleep downstairs." Ryland tried to make an agreement with her. 

"Carry me?" She looked between the two of us, and I stood up to carry her. 

"Your'e acting like an actual child today." I laughed, and flung her on the couch. 

"Oww." Kendra whined. 

Ryland suggested we make breakfast together, as if any of us knew how to cook. 

Kendra and I shared a look, but I picked Kendra back up and placed her on the counter. 

Kendra had requested french toast, so that's what we were trying to go for. 

"Kendra!" Ryland yelled as a small handful of flour was tossed onto him. Kendra couldn't stop laughing at herself, causing Ryland and I to be cracking up as well. "You think it's funny?" Ryland challenged, still laughing. "Come here."

Ryland picked up the bag of flour and Kendra bolted as Ryland chased her. I pulled out my phone camera, and followed them. 

Ryland caught up to Kendra in the hallway, and had her pinned on the floor. 

"Ry don't." She giggled, squeezing her eyes shut. 

Kendra screamed as she felt the first handful of flour on her. 

"Okay done, done." Kendra rolled on the floor as Ryland tossed a couple more handfuls onto her. "Truce." Ryland stopped but Kendra laid on the floor for a little bit longer trying to catch her breath. 

Kendra noticed me, and how there was no flour on me. 

"Aww Shane do you want a hug." She jumped out of her place on the ground, and onto me, putting flour everywhere. 

"Okay your'e done." I laughed. "Go take a shower." I kissed her forehead, and lightly pushed her in the direction of the stairs. 

I went back into the kitchen, where Ryland was cooking as if nothing had happened. 

"You two are going to drive me up a wall." I laughed, and leaned forward to kiss his lips. 

"We like to keep you on your toes." Ryland winked laughing, and I rolled me eyes. "Where'd Ken go?" 

"I told her to take a shower." 

"How'd I get so lucky." He asked after a minute of quiet. 

"I was thinking the same thing earlier." I admitted. 

I posted the video to Twitter, tagging both Ryland and Kendra, and captioning it with two hearts. 

"I love you." I smiled at Ryland, standing up to help him. 

"Love you more." He promised. 

-

-

-

hey hey! been a sec. this chapter is kinda short, but if you guys want i can add more from this same day later. so sorry it's taken me so long to update. next chapter is final chapter.