Kendra (Part 19)

Shane knocked on my bedroom door, and took a deep breath, leaning back on my desk chair. Since me and Ryland had our little whatever, I've been trying to be better at school, which has been terrible, first of all. But I'm trying. For them.

"Shane I'm busy." I answered, but he opened the door anyway.

"Kendra." He said sternly, and I turned back to my laptop, typing an English paper.

"I'm busy." I repeated, glancing over at one of my papers.

"Kendra, stop it."

"What." I yelled back, but I didn't mean to yell. "Sorry." I ran my hands through my hair.

"You need to take a break. All you've been doing is going to school, coming down to eat, and doing homework. Just come sit and watch a movie with me."

"I have to finish this." I answered.

"One episode of a tv show." He bargained.

"I have to do this. I don't wanna fail." Shane sighed, and sat on my bed.

"Ken, taking a break from work won't make you fail." I ignored him, and continued typing. "Kendra Brooke."

"Shane." I turned away from my laptop and looked at him.

"Please take a break. Your'e stressing yourself out."

"I'm not."

"When's the last time you took a shower?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Like three days ago?"

"So here's what's gonna happen." Shane started, shutting my laptop. "Your'e gonna go take a shower. Then we're gonna go downstairs, and we're gonna put facemask on and watch whatever movie you want."

"Shane I really don't want to do that. I'm doing this right now."

"What have you eaten today?"

"Nothing."

"What did you eat yesterday." He didn't give me time to answer before he continued. "You didn't eat anything yesterday either because you didn't leave your room."

"It's fine I'm just doing this." Shane sighed.

"If you aren't gonna hang out with me, I'm going to the office." He stood up, looked at me and his face softened, "Do you wanna come with me . To at least get out of the house."

I softened too, knowing I had made him upset, and agreed to go with him.

"Just go in that." I picked up my laptop, and put all my school stuff in my Kanken.

"Hey, Ken." Ryland smiled when I came downstairs. "You gonna take a break?" He glanced at my shoulder and saw my bag, realized I wasn't taking a break, and gave a sad smile. "That's okay."

"She's gonna come finish her work at the office with me while I work." I nodded.

"I'm just happy your'e getting out of the house." Ryland looked away from me and up at Shane, he spoke quieter, even though I was standing literally right between them. "Your'e gonna stop and get food right? She didn't eat yesterday or today."