Ryland (Part 18)

3 WEEKS LATER

"Ryland!" I heard Kendra yell from downstairs as soon as I got out of the shower. 

"One second!" I responded.

I just put on boxers, and a pair of shorts that I'm 99% sure I bought for a video, and I picked up a t shirt.

"What do you need?" I jogged down the stairs and sat next to Kendra, as I pulled my shirt on.

"I have no idea how to do this." She groaned, handing me a stack of homework. 

"First of all," I started, going through the papers, "I don't know how you expect to do homework and watch tv at the same time, or do homework on the couch in general."

"So...?"

"So..." I stood up and grabbed her hand. "You need to move to the kitchen to do homework."

I dragged her to the kitchen, and made her sit down. 

"Okay. But I don't understand it." She said dramatically. 

"Did you read it?" I asked, sitting next to her. 

"I read something." Kendra nodded, pulling out some blank sheets of paper. 

"Which of these have you read?" I asked, getting frustrated.

She needs to do her homework, and focus on school. She just got home from school like an hour ago, so I don't know why it's such a big deal to just do her homework before dinner. 

"I didn't read that, I was reading some weird article on Snapchat." She replied, and I rolled my eyes.

"Kendra, give me your phone." I held my hand out and heard Shane come downstairs. "Okay now so please go to your room, and you can come back downstairs for dinner." 

She mumbled an okay,got her homework, and ran away. I heard her door slam, and put my head in my hands, leaning on the table. 

"Is everything okay? Kendra was running up the stairs, and she seemed upset." Shane sat next to me, and wrapped an arm around me. 

"Yeah." I sighed. "Kendra's just on my nerves." 

"What's she doing." He asked, picking up Kendra's phone. 

"She asked me to help her with homework, and hadn't even read it because she was on her phone. She needs to be able to focus with her phone, and if she can't she can't have her phone." 

"I'm gonna go talk to her." He said after a minute, and kissed my head before he went upstairs. 

I hummed, and put my head on the table. I want her to have everything she wants, but I also want her to do her homework. I don't wanna be the bad guy either, but I feel like I have to. I just wanna be a good parent. 

I went upstairs, and pressed my ear to Kendra's door, where her and Shane were talking. 

I had Kendra's phone in my pocket, and I pulled it out when her ringtone went off. 

From Zacky - hey wyd 

I rolled my eyes and put her phone back in my pocket. Now she has a boyfriend that she didn't tell us about. I started to listen to Shane and Kendra's conversation.

Kendra's breath was shaky, and her voice kept cracking, I immediately felt my heart fall into my stomach, and I wanted to cry. 

"Shane, I'm trying really hard." She tried to continue, but couldn't. 

"Hey, hey. It's okay." Her crying got quieter, but was still there, so I assumed Shane had to have been holding her. "I know your'e trying."

"But Ryland doesn't. He thinks everything I do is wrong." She must've gotten out of Shane's grip, or at least gotten her face out of his chest. 

"No, he doesn't. Your'e exaggerating, and you know it." I sat next to the door in my own little ball. "He loves you and you know that because he tells you so many times everyday." 

Kendra hummed. "Then why's he mad at me?" 

"He's not mad, baby." He promised, and I nodded. "He's frustrated. He wants you to do good in school, and be so smart." Kendra laughed. "And happy." He added, laughing too.

"Yeah." 

"Okay, so how about to read a book or something, and I'll order dinner, don't worry about your homework right now, tomorrow you can stay home, and the three of us can do something fun." 

"Okay." 

"I love you." Shane told her, and he stood up. "Ryland loves you." 

"I love you too. And Ry." She replied, and Shane opened the door. 

Shane helped me stand up, and we walked about halfway down the hallway before we started walking. 

"Your'e so much better at this than I am." Shane shook his head as I spoke.

"No, you actually do things that will effect her, I think I can talk everything out." 

"I'm not arguing with you over this." I laughed, and curled up on the couch. "I'm taking a nap." 

God, I hope I can figure this out. 

Okay, so I never do author's notes, but I wanted to do one real quick. So usually in between chapters a day or two has passed, and the only time there's really something at the top that says how much time has passed is when it's been a week or more. But unless it's a travel chapter really, the days aren't back to back. I just wanted to say that because I was rereading some parts and it seemed confusing time wise. Sorry bout that.