Part 037

We had to leave work, and we all decided to go to Hank's house. Except for Gavin. He wanted to go home and have some alone time. I immediately knew what that meant and kept taunting him about it. And he was so pissed, but he knows he loves me. I flicked his face before we left to Hank's.

When we got there, I went to clean my face. I needed the makeup off after the long ass motherfucking day.

"Hey, (Y/N)?" Connor asked, standing at the door as I cleaned off the makeup on my face. "Yea?" I replied, turning to face him. "Do you remember the first case we worked together?" He asked, and I just shrugged. "I remember, the first time you died."

"Hey Hank," I said, walking into the bar. Hank groaned, seeing the android behind me. He scoffed. "This is Connor, our new.. partner," I said, and Hank sighed. "Why do I need to leave this time?" He asked. "We've got a case," I said. Hank shrugged, drinking more of his drink. "Can't they send just you?" "No hank, they need us both," I said. He sighed, still not moving.

"Lieutenant, I recommend getting up. We should get to the scene as quick as we can," Connor intervened, and I knew he shouldn't have. "Thought I said to stay quiet," I muttered to him. "Sorry, lieutenant."

"Jesus, that smell," I groaned, covering my nose. "Welp, this body has decayed here for who knows how long," Chris said, and I looked at the wall.

"I am alive?" I asked, and Hank looked at it next to me. "The victim was an Android, and his owner was addicted to red ice," Connor said from behind us, and we both turned around. "Most people are still addicted to red ice," I said. Connor nodded, going to examine more evidence.

We later went to the station when we found the android, and Hank was tired of trying to investigate it. I sighed. "Maybe we could roughen it up a little bit," Gavin suggested. "Androids don't feel pain, and that would only scare it more," Connor said. "Any better ideas, smart guy?" Hank cocked. "I can interrogate it." "Go right ahead," I said.

Sitting back, watching Connor investigate the Android was just boring. We had to wait until Connor walked out and told us we could finally put him in the cell and get ready to shut him down. "How's the new partner, lieutenants?" Gavin asked in a cocky tone, and I rolled my eyes. "Were you ever nice?" I asked, and then Connor opened the door. We saw the android start slamming its head on the table. "What the hell is it doing?" I asked

"It's destroying itself," Hank said, Gavin pushed himself up from the wall, and we all ran into the room. We all stood there, and Gavin pushed Chris towards the android. "Stop it goddamnit!" He yelled, and Chris panicked. He grabbed its elbow, trying to stop it. "I can't stop it!" Chris yelled. Suddenly, Connor yelled, "That's enough! You need to stop that right now!"

Chris tried to get the android out of the cuffs to stop it, but once he did, the android took his gun. Then it shot both Connor and itself. Hank and I were close to Connor so we had to hit the ground, and Gavin backed up. "Holy shit.." Hank said, and we both turned to Connor. It was laying there as we stood up. Hank looked back to the android, and Gavin and Chris only stared at that android. I just stared at Connor. It was quiet.

I decided to sleep on the couch, and Connor wanted me to take the bed. And so did Hank. I refused, just deciding to take the couch. When I got there, Hank had to make sure I didn't watch tv cause of the damn concussion. Now I just laid bored on the couch. I couldn't fall asleep yet, so I just sat there making the most annoying noises ever. It came to a point where Connor walked out. I looked over, and he stood by the tv.

"(Y/N), stop making those weird noses," he said, and I decided to screech like a tea kettle was done. He just stared at me with a frown. I grinned, stopping. "Okay, fine, I'll stop, but it's boring just sitting out here," I said. He walked over, and decided to sit down by me. "I need to ask you a question, and maybe it won't be so boring after that," Connor said. I felt the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. Or were those the petals in my lungs? Whatever.

"Sure what's up?" I asked, turning my so I could face him better. "Lately, I've been getting this odd.. feeling around someone. They make me very, cheerful, and they care for me very dearly,"
Connor said, struggling to find the words for emotions. "Go on." "I love to be able to spend time with them, and seeing them hurt makes me very upset. I don't know what to say to them, but knowing that they've been hurt by my replacement, it makes me very upset," Connor said.

I sighed, looking at him in his eyes. "I think with this person, you love them. You care about them dearly, and you want them to be safe," I said, feeling the butterflies in my stomach intensify. Or was it the the stupid petals again? I can't tell at this point. I just looked at Connor, and we stared at each other for a moment.

Suddenly. It went by so fast. He kissed me.

A/N: wow, what's life? ALSO LOOK AT MY PARENTS AGAIN! But I think I'm almost don't with this book, and it makes me so sad. I really love writing this. Thank you all for the support! I hope I don't have to end it so early ;-;